I can't play any audio file

• Hi,

I can't play any audio files. I can play video files without problems, but cannot play audio files.

The log file always shows the following messages when I try to open any audio file:

21:53:49.037 T:1945489408 ERROR: Open - Unhandled exception

21:53:49.037 T:1945489408 ERROR: Open - Error opening /storage/music/sample2.mp3

21:53:49.038 T:1945489408 ERROR: Init: Error opening file /storage/music/sample2.mp3

21:53:49.038 T:1945489408 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file /storage/music/sample2.mp3

Please could you help me?

Thanks

• pls provide more informations, like what device you are using and pls a logfile

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Hi CvH,

I have Kodi 17 on raspberrypi 3. I attach the log file here

Log file

I have replicated the problem by trying to open three audio files several times. It appears at the end of the log file. The problem is 100% replicable and occurs with any audio file (mp3 or wma). I don't have audio files in other formats.

Thanks for your help

• I have Kodi 17 on raspberrypi 3.

That's not all you have. You also installed various repositories and add-ons on your setup which are on Kodi's list of banned add-ons. As per our and Kodi's forum rules (which you really should read), support will be halted for you until you have cleaned up your Kodi setup from any add-on that facilitate video piracy.

Or, you can find your support elsewhere. Perhaps with your friends where you got the add-ons from in the first place.

• Ok, can you please give me instructions to clean the installation?.

I'm really a very inexperienced user.

I can remove all the addons if necessary, as I don't use any of them.

Can they be removed directly from the GUI?

Thanks for your help