Raspberry Pi 4 LibreELEC - advancedsettings.xml that comes with the build seems to have obsolete parameters

• First post here and my only experience with LibreELEC is on my Raspberry Pi 4, so not sure if this is the case for other LibreELEC builds as well.

Was troubleshooting some streaming stability issues and tweaking the parameters in advancedsettings.xml when I noticed the lines that come with the installation contain something obsolete according to the official KODI wiki:

Since I have already deleted those 3 lines, I don't even remember what the exact names were, but I had to add the following manually as a replacement:

<cache>

<memorysize>xxxxxxxxx</memorysize>

<buffermode>yyyyyyyyyy</buffermode>

<readfactor>zzz</readfactor>

</cache>

And the 3 lines I removed were inside the <network> tag. And they served the same purpose, but should no longer be there as they should now exist in <cache> instead, again according to the KODI wiki pages.

So I am just posting the info here to see if the official LibreELEC build will eventually have updated advancedsettings.xml.

Cheers.

• Community created images might have changed something, but LE default images do not contain any embedded advancedsettings changes to cache settings, because if your network is functioning correctly there is no need to ever fiddle with these settings.

• I downloaded it through the Raspberry Pi Imager but yeah honestly I don't know weather that's the official image. I only assumed it was back then as it was from an official channel (not LibreELEC's official channel, but official nevertheless).

So yes maybe this is the reason. Thanks.

• Raspberry Pi Imager tool gets the image info direct from LE servers so it used an official release, but we have never embedded cache setting changes in the default images. See:

The default appliance.xml LibreELEC.tv/advancedsettings.xml at libreelec-9.2 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

The extra config applied for RPi LibreELEC.tv/advancedsettings.xml at libreelec-9.2 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

It's not impossible for add-ons to make "helpful" changes that mess up users installs.