Using Mycroft with LibreElec

• Hi,

I'd like to improve my LibreELEC setup by adding the Mycroft voice assistant (to start kodi items, or play some music). I'm looking into my options, and it seems there is no plugins, so I'm tempted to try to install it using the docker image, however I'm afraid of two things :

- it requires pulse audio, kodi seems to use alsa directly so I'm afraid of access conflict to the audio device

- I'm probably going to have to spend some time configuring path mapping and networks to make it work with Kodi on the host and Mycroft inside the container

So before I dive in, I'm asking here if some people have successfully used Mycroft with LibreELEC, and if so, how did they manage to do it, and was it painless ?

If that changes anything, I'm on a (somewhat outdated) nightly build of LibreELEC 10 base on Kodi 19, on a Raspberry Pi 4.

Thanks

• You are right, while Kodi plays media the wake listen feedback audio will not hear. But arecord still can record wake word while Kodi plays and can respond to intent.

I have used Mycroft precise for wake word and used rhasspy docker to setup voice assistant on LE. For installation and to see how it works, Refer below video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.