Pressing Enter/Z/Circle in Retroarch addon causes Kodi to restart

• Hello,

First of all I am not sure if this is correct section for this thread (depending if it's a problem with LibreELEC itself or Retroarch addon) so please excuse me if it's not. I've also tried searching the board as well as the internet for similar issue to no avail.

So basically, whenever I start Retroarch and try to enter any of the menus there in order to adjust config, Kodi restarts as soon as I press appropriate key to enter the menu (Enter, Z, Circle on the ps4 controller). Everything else seems to be working fine, I can launch games using Gamestarter and they are performing absolutely okay.

It seems to me that there might be some trigger which gives Kodi signal to restart itself as soon as one of the above described buttons is pressed (I can still see, for a fraction of a second, that retroarch enters the menu, but then kodi starts and it's gone), though I've no idea how to tackle this. I'd really need to adjust settings and I can't do it because of this silly issue :(

Perhaps any of you ran into similar case and would be able to help?

I'm running LE 9.2.5 on RPi4, tried different retroarch versions available in the repository.

UPDATE: Updated to 9.2.6 and the issue is still there :|

UPDATE2: Did some further digging and it turns out that there's a problem with the ozone driver (When using the Ozone menu driver, navigating into any submenu causes RetroArch to crash · Issue #793 · libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC · GitHub). Fortunately, for me changing menu_driver to xmb worked fine and I can now access the menu without an issue. Thread can be closed.

I'll be grateful for any help.

Thanks!

Edited 2 times, last by wvxx (November 7, 2020 at 6:16 PM).