Posts by wvxx

Hello,

First of all I am not sure if this is correct section for this thread (depending if it's a problem with LibreELEC itself or Retroarch addon) so please excuse me if it's not. I've also tried searching the board as well as the internet for similar issue to no avail.

So basically, whenever I start Retroarch and try to enter any of the menus there in order to adjust config, Kodi restarts as soon as I press appropriate key to enter the menu (Enter, Z, Circle on the ps4 controller). Everything else seems to be working fine, I can launch games using Gamestarter and they are performing absolutely okay.

It seems to me that there might be some trigger which gives Kodi signal to restart itself as soon as one of the above described buttons is pressed (I can still see, for a fraction of a second, that retroarch enters the menu, but then kodi starts and it's gone), though I've no idea how to tackle this. I'd really need to adjust settings and I can't do it because of this silly issue :(

Perhaps any of you ran into similar case and would be able to help?

I'm running LE 9.2.5 on RPi4, tried different retroarch versions available in the repository.

UPDATE: Updated to 9.2.6 and the issue is still there :|

UPDATE2: Did some further digging and it turns out that there's a problem with the ozone driver (When using the Ozone menu driver, navigating into any submenu causes RetroArch to crash · Issue #793 · libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC · GitHub). Fortunately, for me changing menu_driver to xmb worked fine and I can now access the menu without an issue. Thread can be closed.

I'll be grateful for any help.

Thanks!

Check the emulator FAQ I've added some configuration details to libretro-pcsx-rearmed and change Beetle-PSX to PCSX ReARMED which should run fine. You can't install Windows drivers on Unix/Linux systems so you have to deal with it. If it performs better on Windows it's probably related to optimization issues. Anyway your J1900 is really really slow even compared to my 10W low-end HTPC j3455 UserBenchmark: Intel Celeron J1900 vs J3455 which delivers about 60% more performance.

If PPSSPP does not start in fullscreen delete the .ini files in \\yourdevice\Configfiles\ppsspp\PSP\SYSTEM\ and apply an update of my builds so the default config should be restored. The default config in ppsspp.ini should contain a line FullScreen = True which forces fullscreen in PPSSPP.

Also what resolution does your TV use? 1080p or 4k?

Thanks for your response, using pcsx-rearmed instead of beetle-psx helped a tad, the sound as well as overall performance is much better now, but ti's still not at the level I'd expect it to be (it was very smooth on windows, both gfx/sound).

Yeah I know J1900 is not a performance beast, I bought it like 5 years ago and it served its purpose really well to this day, though one memory slot is now dead and I'm thinking of a replacement but not just yet ;)

Your proposed solution to PPSSSPP issue worked like a charm, thanks a lot! It's now fullscreen and very smooth at 3xPSP rendering resolution. Wish I could get similar results with other platforms.

And my TV is 1080p.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

Hey there 5schatten and guys,

First of all thanks for your hard work in making this build happen, this is exactly something I've been looking for :)

As much as I enjoy using it, I'm also facing a couple of issues which I couldn't resolve myself so I finally gave up and decided to ask for your assistance.

So here it goes:

- PSX and Dreamcast emulators are terribly laggy including crackling sound which I just can't stand, it sounds terrible and my head starts to crack the moment I hear it. I messed around with different drivers and latency settings to no avail. A very small improvement is what I managed to get. Interestingly, this does not happen with windows version of retroarch installed on the very same pc (tested with gl/d3d and wasapi for audio), so my feeling here is that it might be related to drivers. Are there any different drivers available to test? I doubt I'll be able to install them due to read-only fs, correct? :)

- Second issue I have is with PPSSPP, basically I'm not able to make it stretch to fullscreen, it takes up only around 1/4 of it in the bottom left corner. Settings are fine according to instructions I've found on the net. I also noticed that now after changing some of them, games no longer boot up, I can only see intro and then it gets back to emulationstation :( I guess removing the configuration file would resolve the issue, but it still won't utilize entire screen...

So of all the emulators I tested already, only SNES works flawlessly. I'd love to play some classic PSX/DC games so I would really appreciate some help (and my wife too, she just loves spyro :) ).

My hardware is as follows:

AsRock Q1900B-ITX (integrated Celeron J1900 and Intel graphics)

4GB RAM

Audio going through HDMI via AVR, works fine for movies/music etc.

I'll happily provide all kinds of logs if you tell me what is needed.

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!