Netflix addon and login with Authentication key - Raspberry

• Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the netflix addon from CastagnaIT

GitHub - CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix: InputStream based Netflix plugin for Kodi

Since few days, this addon got a error with the classical username/password.

The author of this addon gave this solution (use Authentification Key)

Login with Authentication key · CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix Wiki · GitHub

For Linux [click to expand]

PREREQUISITE: Chrome or Chromium browser installed

INSTRUCTIONS: Download the zip, extract the folder and open this folder with the Terminal/Console. Then run the following commands.

Install these python packages:

Code
    pip install pycryptodomex
    pip install websocket-client

After run the script:

Code
    python NFAuthenticationKey.py
    or
    python3 NFAuthenticationKey.py

Follow the instructions on screen, after you have created the file, you have to open it with Netflix add-on by choosing the login with "Authentication key". Remember to delete the Authentication key file after login.

DOWNLOAD: NFAuthenticationKey_Linux.zip

As I have no acces to a browser or console,do you have a method to install this patch ?

Thanks for your help :angel:

• I got pip3 to install using apt. I got websocket to install using pip but when i run the python file either way, it insists neither module is present.

This is crap.

• I managed to get this to work, by downloading the NFA KEY zip files on windows PC. Did the extraction, executed the application . It loaded Chrome browser which auto nivigated to netflix page, to which i put in my username and password. Chrome closed, and key was generated in same folder as application. It popped up with a PIN.

It failed a couple of time, but the application finally managed to generate the key.

Used windows explorer to browse to folders on Libreelec. After checking samba was activated on Libreelec settings.

COpied key to a folder.

Started netflix... used key option, then browse to where i saved key.
    selected file and was prompted for the PIN...

Only question i have... will this affect other user in my house?

Since now my Pi3 is using the key method, will users having other media boxes with Netflix preinstalled no also be forced to use this key method?