Posts by EvilWayz

I can't get the authentication method to work in windows or linux. In linux it insists the websocket-client module isnt there even though i just finished installing it and pip3. In windows it says Access denied. If I run it as administrator it literally does nothing.

A day or so ago I noticed when I scrape a movie, its not downloading the poster or thumbnail. Instead its using fan art as the poster. I'm having to add all the art manually. This is happening with TMDB scraper and the Universal Movie scraper. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I have tried updating both scrapers, issue remains.

EDIT: Im still using the latest version of Leia, if that helps.

If you have the external drive externally powered as well, upping the USB port power will not be necessary.

It's also powering a backlit keyboard, backlit mouse, and a Flirc adapter. At least until I can get my bluetooth space mouse to pair everytime I turn on Kodi, which currently, it's refusing to do.

Doesn't even look like you have the hard drives plugged in?

For a RPi you really need to use a powered hard disk or a powered usb port. The RPi cannot provide the necessary power that an external HDD requires.

You could try using "max_usb_current=1" in config.txt
    see, Is setting `max_usb_current=1` to give more power to USB devices a bad idea? - Raspberry Pi Stack Exchange

Then next question is why do you use NTFS when you don't have a windows machine? ntfs blows.

The My Book is externally powered. And like I said, it's reading one ntfs partition and not the other. But it will read both via Samba.

As for NTFS, it came that way.

I've already got it running on max current to usb.

I don't have a windows machine, or access to one. Should I skip to the SSH part?
    [hr]
    Ok two quick things. WHat's the default info to ssh into the po? ANd some more weirdness. If I plug my hard drives into my WD live player and plug it into the network, I can access files on both drives just fine using zeroconf. But they don't show up as an smb anywhere but zeroconf. BUT, if I try to play them, i get the back screen and then booted back to the login screen. THen, when I tried to upload the log, it gave me an error. Yay.
    [hr]
    Ok, I was using my password instead of the root password.

Code
    dmesg | pastebinit outputs:
    [code]
    http://sprunge.us/SedC

[/code]
    and

Code
    mount | pastebinit outputs:
    [code]
    http://sprunge.us/dfRD

[/code]
    [hr]
    I can view files now, but only thru the networked set top box. Which is counter productive because that's what I bought the Raspp Pi to replace.

I have a little Raspi box running LibreElec. I got Kodi working. and then I attached external hard drives. Then the problems started. I have a WD Passport, which shows up in the add videos window. But when I click on a file, the screen goes black and then I find myself back at the login screen. The other external, a WD MyBook, only mounts the partition with the recovery info and utilities (WdSmartware.) The 2tb data partition is nowhere to be found. So basically I can't access media on either hard drive. I swtiched to Open Elec because odi crashed instantly in Ubuntu Mate, and for whatever reason, I can't get HDMI sound in Ubuntu. I get glorious digital HDMI sound in Kodi, but I can't watch/listen to my media.

I don't see anything like this on various forums, or any of the tutorials on youtube. Both these hard drives are NTFS.

I'm on a raspberry pi 3b, running Libre Elec 7, and Kodi 16.1.