Latest version of Tvheadend does not work on LE 9.2.5 on RPi 4

• I have a new installation of LE 9.2.5 on an RPi 4 with a setup that I restored from a backup of an x86 machine running 9.2.4. This is also my first experience w/ a Raspberry Pi.

On this RPi 4 system, the latest versions of both Tvheadend HTSP client and the Tvheadend server do not appear to be working.

The Tvheadend htsp client v4.4.21.1 fails to load with "unknown error". Version 4.4.20.1 does not have this problem.

The Tvheadend service addon v9.2.0.123 apparently fails to start. On system startup, I get a "Communication error - can't connect with Tvheadend" from the client. The Tvheadend web interface is not reachable, and when I try to watch TV the PVR manager basically hangs at 0% of startup.

The Tvheadend service addon v9.2.0.121 and v9.2.0.122 start, but I do get an error that "the server fails to respond properly" on system startup. However eventually I do get a msg that a connection has been established and watching TV works.

I don't know if this is relevant, but my tuner is an HDHomerun, as I recall, model HDHR5-2US

• you need to remove the addons and add them again

you have the generic (x86) version of the addons but you need the arm version

• I have 9.2.4 with tvh 4.2 on an rpi3b+,

I have the same errors on startup like you.

De-activating the tvh4.2 server addon and re-activating it solves the problem for me until the next reboot ;)

the pi runs all the time, so it's not a big problem for me.

but I hope that this will be solved - it seems to be a general problem on some combinations of pis and firmware / kernel.

Perhaps there is somebody who knows the necessary tweaks?