Posts by zeke2135

I have the problem that my system goes to sleep when playing music from a UPnP server. Sorry I don't have any more detailed information. All I know is the screen goes blank and the playback stops. I have not found any settings that change this behavior.

I am running LibreELEC 10.0.1 on a Raspberry Pi 4. I also noticed this behavior on a daily build from earlier in 2021.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. Not sure what changing channel numbers in TVheadend will do. The numbers and order there does not agree w/ the numbers and order in kodi. The numbering in kodi is 1 to x, the EPG in the server has numbers like 32.1, 5.3, etc. And they are in a different order in kodi and TVH. I have cleared the options in PVR and Live TV settings to use channel numbers from backend and use channel order from backend. This used to work.

Anyway, thanks again, I'm not going to worry about it. There are worse problems to have.

I am using a Libreelec 9.8 nightly build so I don't know if this is an issue there, or if I'm missing some setting that could solve my problem. So if someone has a suggestion there, I would appreciate it. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

My relatively minor problem in playing Live TV is that in the channel manager I can change the order of channels the listing, but when I reboot, they go back to the original order. This is on a RPI4. I am using TVHeadend and the TVHeadend HTSP client.

thanks

zeke

I have a question that arises from the fact that when playing Live TV, the center channel is apparently dropped from broadcasts w/ 5.1 sound, instead of passing the sound thru or mixing it down properly. I am curious as to which link in the chain might be causing the problem. I'm only vaguely aware of the basic technology and jargon and such. I hope this is an appropriate subject and question for this forum.

I have: HDHomerun tuner; LibreELEC v9.2.5, with current HDHomerun driver, TVheadend, TVHeadend HTSP client; RPi 4; Dolby-capable AVR w/ 3.1 channels of speakers, TV w/ SPDIF output to the AVR.

I know I can play Dolby 5.1 movies from disk w/ full sound (i.e. 5.1 mixed down to 3.1), so it seems like the basic system sound processing must be ok.

I know that I could play Live TV free of this issue on an x86 system w/ the same tuner and output hardware, so I assume the problem is probably in the HDHomerun driver, TVheadend or HTSP client software. Does this make sense? Is it obvious where the problem might be?

thanks

I have been using an RPi 4 and LE 9.2.5 for a short time. This is with components I used with LE for several years, but on an x86 machine.

I have noticed that on the RPi 4 the center channel does not play on live tv broadcasts w/ dolby 5.1 sound. I have a system with 3,1 channels. I haven't noticed a problem watching 5.1 movies off of disk. I also haven't noticed a problem playing live tv on a chromebook w/ the HDHR app, but that system only has 2 channels. If I change my setting in the kodi audio config to 2 channels, the sound seems to be mixed down ok, but that is not optimal. I have been using TVH addon v9.2.0.121, TVH HTSP client v4.4.20.1, and HDHR driver v9.2.0.101. I have a HDHR connect model HDHR5-2US.

thanks

OK, I found out I had to re-pair the computer running LE and the Harmony Hub. I don't know why. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact sequence of actions I performed to do this. I vaguely remember I had to open the Microsoft/Kodi device on the Harmony App, at which point I got a screen telling me how to add a bluetooth device on Windows. Then I deleted the Harmony Keyboard device in the LE configuration. After it reappeared, and with the App screen open, I chose to pair with the Harmony Keyboard in the LE config, after which a message displayed on the App that told me that I had successfully paired. Since then control w/ the Hub has been working.

Sorry to anyone with a similar problem that I'm being so vague.

I have a new installation of LE 9.2.5 on an RPi 4 with a setup that I restored from a backup of an x86 machine running 9.2.4. This is also my first experience w/ a Raspberry Pi.

On this RPi 4 system, the latest versions of both Tvheadend HTSP client and the Tvheadend server do not appear to be working.

The Tvheadend htsp client v4.4.21.1 fails to load with "unknown error". Version 4.4.20.1 does not have this problem.

The Tvheadend service addon v9.2.0.123 apparently fails to start. On system startup, I get a "Communication error - can't connect with Tvheadend" from the client. The Tvheadend web interface is not reachable, and when I try to watch TV the PVR manager basically hangs at 0% of startup.

The Tvheadend service addon v9.2.0.121 and v9.2.0.122 start, but I do get an error that "the server fails to respond properly" on system startup. However eventually I do get a msg that a connection has been established and watching TV works.

I don't know if this is relevant, but my tuner is an HDHomerun, as I recall, model HDHR5-2US

I'm puzzled about a problem I'm having w/ a setup using a Logitech Harmony Hub over bluetooth that has been working fine until the last couple of days.

The problem started on a LE 9.0.2 setup that I have been using for quite one time w/o problems. LE is running on an older Gigabtye Brix w/ a bluetooth dongle. A day or two ago Libreelec/Kodi seemed to simply stop responding to commands sent to it from the Hub. This is true w/ both the Harmony android App and the associated remote.

Here is what I've found:

- LE detects the Harmony Keyboard bluetooth device. It seems to inconsistently connect w/o doing it from the settings menu, but connects when I tell it to connect.

- the behavior is the same with two different bluetooth dongles.

- the behavior is the same w/ two different Hubs.

- The Hub controls my other devices w/o a problem.

- A generic bluetooth keyboard works ok to control LE/Kodi.

- I haven't seen errors using journalctl but my skill w/ that is pretty sketchy.

- I hadn't done any recent LE updates when the problem started, but I've since updated to 9.2.4