LibreElec Raspberry pi, backup file restore on multiple identical devices

• Hello All.

As the subject says, is it possible if I have identical raspberry pi's external hdd's and sd card 's, from backup file of one of the units of raspberry pi can the other raspberry pi be restored.

for example, I have 5 raspberry pi's, I would like to update just one Pi then backup the file and restore it on other raspberry pi's.

Hardware configuration, Pi 3B+, 16gig strontium sd card, 3Tb external HDD.

All the external hdd's are labeled the same.

Tx

• is it possible if I have identical raspberry pi's external hdd's and sd card 's

Basically yes, although some network configuration will always be unique, such as IP and MAC addresses, and SSH keys.

I would like to update just one Pi then backup the file and restore it on other raspberry pi's.

How often are you planning to "update" a Raspberry Pi? If you are referring to Kodi's video and/or music library, the use of a centralized MySQL/MariaDB would be a much better solution.

All the external hdd's are labeled the same.

That is often not a very good idea, at Linux likes to tell the different disks apart. Having identical disk labels could confuse the Linux OS or Kodi.

• Basically yes, although some network configuration will always be unique, such as IP and MAC addresses, and SSH keys.

How often are you planning to "update" a Raspberry Pi? If you are referring to Kodi's video and/or music library, the use of a centralized MySQL/MariaDB would be a much better solution.

That is often not a very good idea, at Linux likes to tell the different disks apart. Having identical disk labels could confuse the Linux OS or Kodi.

Klojum Duly Noted

I was referring to library updates.