Does the current Pi 4 nightly build support 4k playback and output?

• I know this is probably a common question, but I've been trawling through forums for ages looking at months old posts, with some people saying they've got it working. However not confirming if they just mean the 4k menu support, and the video renderer is still outputting 1080p.

Has the nightly build the ability to playback HEVC/X265 4k (2160p) video and output it as such yet?

I realise HDR10 is a long way off, but I thought we'd have 2160p output by now, with HDR10 being reduced to normal dynamic range.

Thanks for any answers,

• For starters, there is no 4K Estuary skin yet. And 4K menu display seems to be a sluggish at times on the RPI4. Since modern TVs are much better at upscaling than the average GPU in most separate HTPC devices, choosing the 1080p display kinda explains itself.

When playing 4K videos, the TV's display rate and resolution are adapted via Kodi.

BTW, I now see a 2nd post that was created and copy/pasted from a Reddit link.

I just hope this isn't some poor spam attempt, as those will be dealt with quite swiftly.