Airplay got worse after updating to new build of libreelec on rpi4

• Dear All,

I got a hiccups in my previous installation of libreelec so that it wouldn´t launch any longer, and had to reinstall it.

For this reason, I´m not sure which version I was running before - all I can tell is that it´s now the latest, 9.2.4.

I´ve been using tuneblade on Windows alot for a long time with no major issues, to stream audio to airplay on the pi with libreelec, but after the new installation of libreelec, I get a lot of glitches in the audio within minutes, and then the connection dies.

I don´t know if it´s airplay itself that´s the problem, or some power saving thing or network limitation set in the new installation that is causing it, but it´s very frustrating.

Is there a particular log file that I can show you, or do you already have some good ideas about what the problem derives from, and how I could resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

• Update: Decided to try with a downgrade to 9.2.0 and guess what: Everything works really great again. I´d be really happy if somebody could figure out what´s wrong with the more recent versions, so that I can safely update libreelec again.

The downgrade was done after that libreelec had autoupdated itself to latest version when installing a fresh 9.2.0, which had the issues mentioned, and then with 9.2.0 in the .update folder. Just to avoid any speculations here about if I´d tweaked some settings that made things go smooth in 9.2.0 - everything´s the same whether if in 9.2.0 or latest build.

Edited 2 times, last by jazzlpunk (October 10, 2020 at 10:38 AM).