Jellyfin server support question, I hope its ok - Transcoding Audio help needed.

• Hello all,

This is NOT realy a libreelec problem, but because you guys are always so helpfull and you probably are all using KODI and maybey a few of you use Jellyfin server (fork of Emby server)

I hope I get some help here. (I wasend sure to post here in support or just post it in off topic, if it needs to be moved, feel free to do so)

I have posted this a few day's ago in the Jellyfin forum, but I am not getting alot of activity over there :)

My post ;

Hello,

I would like some info about how this transcoding works, because I cant get it to do what I want and I think I am beeing a total noob :)

My situation,

I have a ex-android box now running Coreelec (Sadly my libreelec box is a Rockchip one and audio passthrough totaly does not work on that :( ) with Kodi 18.8 and running the Jellyfin Addon in Addon mode.

I have a Logitech Surround set (5.1) (Z-5450) with support for Dolby Digital (AC3) and DTS , getting audio from the Kodi box via SPDIF (Coax)

Latest version Jellyfin is running directly on a Linux

Using latest Jellyfin for Kodi addon, and it is running in Add-on mode.

(if exact versions are needed ill look it up, I have everything shut down for the moment, but I checked for updates yesterday, its all the latest)

Passthrough is enabled and working on the Kodi box for AC3 and DTS, movies with this audio work fine, I get the Dolby Digital or DTS logo on my logitech speakers, all speakers work, I am happy, family members that are trying to sleep are not , so all is good :)

My problem,

Movies with AAC or PCM sound get send to my Logitech speakers as stereo (witch is to be expected since SPDIF over COAX only support 2 channel analog audio, when I set my Kodi box as 5.1 I miss half the sound, if I set as 2.0 I have all sound, but only from two speakers :(

I tought it would be easy to force transcoding of all audio (atleast all 5.1) to AC3 (or DTS if jellyfin can transcode to that ?) but I can not get it to work.

I am actualy not even sure if any of the transcode options in the DLNA profiles do anything , since I am not really using DLNA (I think because its in Add-on mode the Jellyfin addon in my Kodi ??)

but that is the only place I find options for it,

I added a profile with the name of my Kodi box and told it to ONLY give AC3 and transcode all AAC and PCM audio , but nothing happens, in the dashboard it always say’s direct stream, no transcoding is hapening.

Also forcing “transcode” in the Jellyfin addon in Kodi does nothing.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to fix this ?

If there is any way to ALWAYS transcode ALL audio to AC3 or DTS than that is good for me also, because I ONLY play from my jellyfin server to this Kodi box over the local LAN.

So my main questions,

CAN the jellyfin server transcode audio to AC3 or DTS ??? (and if possible leave the video stream alone ?)

And HOW do I do that to a Jellyfin addon within Kodi ?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Hans

• I have a ex-android box now running Coreelec (Sadly my libreelec box is a Rockchip one and audio passthrough totaly does not work on that :( ) with Kodi 18.8 and running the Jellyfin Addon in Addon mode.

We don't support CoreELEC. Sorry, I have to close this thread.