Blank screen with Beebox N3150

• Originally had this problem with a Millhouse Kodi build but nobody on the Kodi forum was able to help, so tried with a fresh default generic Libreelec installation and then with the latest nightly with all 3 showing the same results. The following is the key elements of my post. I had thought that Braswell would no longer be supported but it seemed that the most likely scenario was a switch to i965 rather than iHD but I was unable to find a method that would work.

I carried out a new installation to a USB flash drive and booted using an Asock Beebox N3150.

After seeing the initial text splash screen that gave the options for running (live, run etc) the screen went blank and the only activity was for a few seconds on the flash drive.

I shut it down and booted from the same flash drive to an ancient second gen i7 laptop and it booted fine.

I set a manual IP address, booted again from the Beebox and then SSH into the box to look at the log.

There was a specific line that stood out that read ERROR <general>: libva error: /usr/lib/dri/iHD_drv_video.so init failed

I guessed that this might point to the problem but whilst I could find plenty of info about it, it was all geared towards Linux installations and I could not see anything that might help solve things.

Copied the contents of the Kodi log to hastebin and hope that this gives the required information for diagnosis.

hastebin

Thanks

• In the meantime kernel is updated to 5.9 with included IOMMU support.

There are reports that Braswell is working when using the intel_iommu=on kernel parameter.

• In the meantime kernel is updated to 5.9 with included IOMMU support.

There are reports that Braswell is working when using the intel_iommu=on kernel parameter.

Thanks for the update.

Can this parameter be added somewhere after a set-up or is it something that has to be done prior to a build?