RPi4 - pathsubstitution problem

• Hello,

Been using Kodi since the XBMC days but first time poster here.

I have a few Kodi installs using both LibreELEC and Android, in order to keep them "in sync" when it comes to sources.xml and favourites.xml I keep those on my NAS and use advancedsettings.xml and <pathsubstitution> to point to a SMB share on my NAS.

This works like a charm on my Android based box and on my RPi3 running LibreELEC but I cant get it to work on my RPi4.

On the RPi4 Kodi boots with an "empty" sources.xml, ie no links in Videos section even though my Android box with what I think is the exact same settings (passwords.xml, advancedsettings.xml) load the NAS stored sources,xml just fine.

If I add a source from the RPi4 box the sources.xml on the NAS gets overwritten and looks ok, but when I reboot the RPi4 Kodi video section is still empty, the file on the NAS stills contains the added source but RPi4 will not "load" it.

Seems to me like the RPi4 box can write the file on the NAS but not read it.

I have struggled alot with this including a complete reinstall of LibreELEC on the RPi4 but I can get it to work.

I have tried to read the Kodi logs (debug on) but I cant make much out of it.

Running 9.2.5

Any ideas ?

• I've never used path substitution. Maybe it's a timing issue, and the RPi 4 still can't load SMB sources at the point of path substitution. You can try to stop / restart Kodi from autostart.sh, and hope that SMB will be available then.

• I've never used path substitution. Maybe it's a timing issue, and the RPi 4 still can't load SMB sources at the point of path substitution. You can try to stop / restart Kodi from autostart.sh, and hope that SMB will be available then.

Yes, you are probably right - timing is the issue here.

Instead of restating Kodi by autostart.sh I simply activated the "Wait for network" button in LibreELEC - Settings - Network.

Works just fine after 5 reboots, thanks a lot !!