RPi 4 for 4K H.265 and separate AVR audio output?

• Hi! I'm sorry if this been answered before, or is already being worked on.

I'm a long time LibreELEC user, I've used a AMD Fusion E350 for ages, which has worked fine - but 1080p H.264 is using ~90% of the resources, so it's pretty much maxed out.

Navigating through the UI is also a bit laggy, but usable.

Is a $100 upgrade to RPi 4 (4GB?) going to help me get H.265 working without issues? Is UI smooth? Is 4K H.265 possible?

I have an older (2012) Yamaha AVR, which does support 4K passthrough, but only HDMI 1.4. My TV is a Samsung Q8, which for some (f******) reason doesn't support DTS passthrough. Because of this I've had to go retro with optical cables from 4K consoles etc.

But I have a teeny tiny hope that RPi 4 could use both its HDMI outputs so one can be used for video (HDMI 2.0), while the other is audio to the AVR (HDMI 1.4).

Is there any hope to this at all, or is it limited in hardware, or very complicated to do in software?

• The second HDMI port of the RPi 4 only works at dual-screen mode. There is no chance to use it for audio (we already had this question a couple of times). Buy an HDMI audio extractor and go optical from there.