Possible (partial) integration of LibreELEC and Kodi settings

• This request has been inspired by my - retrospectively obviously - unsuccessful attempts to fix wrong keyboard layout settings for my USB keyboard from within the Kodi regional settings as I failed to remember that there is "another set" of keyboard layout settings in the LibreELEC addon, which deals with the "OS part" of the system.

Now, while the split into "OS" settings and "Kodi" settings certainly emerged naturally from a development perspective and probably is also easier to maintain, I was wondering whether it would actually make sense to merge those for an integrated system that is "only" supposed to run Kodi. Why would a significant number of users actually want to use different keyboard layout settings in the LibreELEC OS than in Kodi for example? And if there are reasons, why at least not place those settings next to each other, explicitly showing that one deals with the on-screen keyboard while the other with an external input device. Why two places to set networks rather than one? Etc...

Would be interested to learn your thoughts...

• Thanks, Grimson. Very helpful.

Would it make sense to remove the LibreELEC keyboard layout setting then and simply "read" the setting from Kodi instead?