Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• Is there a hope ethernet to be fixed, because watching HD content via WiFi only is painful ?

System log and Network log for S912 with Q200 dtb (with Q201 also don't working).

If i try to turn On ethernet connection in LibreElec configuration addon is immediately turned Off by itself. Only WiFi is working for now.

• Code
    [   12.876758] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet eth0: no phy at addr -1
    [   12.876792] meson8b-dwmac c9410000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19)

Ethernet works fine if the box follows the reference design. Not all boxes do. It would help to know what the box is? .. and if possible to get the Android device-tree file, or be told what device-tree has been used successfully with other distros like CE.

• Ethernet works fine if the box follows the reference design. Not all boxes do. It would help to know what the box is? .. and if possible to get the Android device-tree file, or be told what device-tree has been used successfully with other distros like CE.

It was working till now with CoreELEC 9.X with dtb for Vontar T95Z Plus S912 3GB/32GB.

• Good morning.

Where can I find the list of devices compatible with the new version of Libreelec ???

Thank you

Why doesn't a USB wifi skewer work in libreelec???
    in coreelec it works without problems.

Edited once, last by deleonkikko: Merged a post created by deleonkikko into this post. (November 7, 2022 at 11:24 AM).

• Where can I find the list of devices compatible with the new version of Libreelec ???

Why doesn't a USB wifi skewer work in libreelec???
    in coreelec it works without problems.

List of device-trees in the upstream kernel is here: https://github.com/torvalds/linux…oot/dts/amlogic

And the probably cheap Realtek USB WiFi? (not sure what a skewer is) device works in CE because their kerrnel never changes so bundling a large number of poor quality realtek drivers that break and need new patches with every kernel bump isn't a big issue for them. In LE the kernel changes frequently and we got bored of the make-work involved years ago and stopped adding Realtek vendor drivers.

• List of device-trees in the upstream kernel is here: https://github.com/torvalds/linux…oot/dts/amlogic

And the probably cheap Realtek USB WiFi? (not sure what a skewer is) device works in CE because their kerrnel never changes so bundling a large number of poor quality realtek drivers that break and need new patches with every kernel bump isn't a big issue for them. In LE the kernel changes frequently and we got bored of the make-work involved years ago and stopped adding Realtek vendor drivers.

Code
    I hope I haven't offended anyone about the USB Wi-Fi. it was just a question to understand why

The problem is that I have these two boards here bought only for Libreelec and I don't know what to do with them... (Orangepi 3 and 4, both LTS)
    They don't work for what I want them for
  • Hi all.

After a some time I have installed libreelec on a SD to see if I can use my Beelink GT1 ultimate with a more updated system.

I have put the dtb in the uenv.ini and activated the SSH from that same file. In Kodi options appears as active and let me modify the password, but when I try to connect from the pc with putty gives me connection refused error. Is there any other parameter to activate for the ssh to work.

I have also tried the tvheadend client; for 1080 video it works perfect, but for other resolutions I only get audio and no video. Is this a known bug in the drivers or should I attach a log?

I have used the latest beta available today:

regards

• ekerose There's no need to force SSH from uEnv.ini but that shouldn't affect anything. Perhaps ensure you can connect before you change the password first. Also check you didn't enable key-only auth in settings as it will still prompt for a password if enabled; but you can only auth with a key so the password (even if correct) will always fail. Users are sometimes confused by that setting/config.

In terms of video issues it's hard to comment without seeing exactly what you're trying to play, which needs a full Kodi debug log.

• I am trying to activate the Wifi (brcmfmac) on a Dreambox (s922x).

I have tested all g12b dtb, it does not work.

Also not by hand.

Blutooth works and that's the same brcm chip.

See log using a gtking like dtb:

hastebin

• _emanuel_ The W400 dtsi that GT-King dts consumes from sets the SDIO reset GPIO to GPIOX_6 (low):

linux/meson-g12b-w400.dtsi at master · torvalds/linux
    Linux kernel source tree. Contribute to torvalds/linux development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

but the Dreambox One dts in your GitHub repo sets the SDIO reset to GPIOA_11 (high) and there are pwm things being defined below:

linux-meson64/dreamone.dts at master · emanuel4you/linux-meson64
    linux meson64. Contribute to emanuel4you/linux-meson64 development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

From pics I've seen the Dreambox uses a custom PCB, so it's probably not a reference design clone like Android boxes, although so much of the core peripherals are on the SoC (and thus have common config) that a box dts can boot the board. If the reset pins for SDIO aren't being driven, this would explain why there's no attempt to probe the bus in dmesg. The BT part is physically on the same chip, but driven separately so working BT and non-working SDIO is normal (possible).

I'm not completely sure how to read the pwm changes and bits in the vendor kernel dts, but there are differences.

• _emanuel_ I put the wrong value in the dtb .. will share another image. It looks like recent kernels have an issue with emmc on some (or all) G12+ devices which needs looking into, but you can steal the dtb to use with a nightly.

• I looked quickly and didn't see anything. I'm very short on time at the moment to look seriously..

chewitt , there is progress :) With latest nightly and q201 dtb, The ethernet card now has a MAC address, but again it doesn't work. Can you check this logs: (Link is valid to 25.12.2022 ). There is also a problem with SSH. When trying to connect it shows an error:

connect to host 192.168.2.156 port 22: Connection refused