Refresh Rate Maxed Below Display Capabilities

• I have a Gemini Lake-based board that can output 4K (3840x2160) resolutions at 60Hz via HDMI to a TV, but it is limited to 30Hz when connected to my 4K-capable projector. Several other devices (including an Odroid C2) can display 4K at 60Hz on this rig, albeit, with CoreELEC. I've observed the same behavior bypassing or through my audio receiver.

I've attempted to refresh the EDID data via SSH, with the projector on and connected, but the max resolution remains limited to 30Hz.

Is there a way to for the rate to 60HZ, to overcome this limitation of LibreELEC?

• Is there a way to for the rate to 60HZ, to overcome this limitation of LibreELEC?

I assume your projector can only manage YCbCr 4:2:0 / 8 bit at 4K 60Hz. That HDMI mode (YCbCr 4:2:0 50/60Hz) is not supported by the Intel Xorg driver.

Try this Kodi-GBM test build of LibreELEC. It does not use the Xorg stuff, so 60Hz should be usable.

• Try this Kodi-GBM test build of LibreELEC. It does not use the Xorg stuff, so 60Hz should be usable.

This is a step in the right direction: it does permit 60hz resolutions for 2840x2160 and 4096x2160 for the interface, and I had no playback problems for files that were less than 4K resolution. Playback of 4K content caused strange screen problems, though the projector recognized the signals.

Thanks for the help. I would not have suspected that there would be an issue with the Intel Graphics driver ...