can the following setup provide what I need?

• Greetings,

as part of my endeavors to improve my viewing experience from my current one (odroidc2), I first looked into an intel nuc which can provide me what I need (FHD sw decoding netflix viewing while some other small processes run in the background).

I'm trying to look for another possible solution, I have a server which serves as my router, nas and backup server.

the nas and backup run on the machine (Debian 10) and the vm run within a kvm vm (self compiled openwrt, with 4 pci nic pass-through and one usb wireless pass-through on 2 threads, 1GB of ram), all of this boots from a 16gb usb 3.0 on a asus H110M-A/M.2, 4 gb ram of 2400mhz and an intel G4560.

I've thought of upgrading the cpu to i5-7500, throw in another 4 gb of ram of the same speed and get an external sata to 3.0 enclosure.

then I move the backup hdd into the enclosure and hook into the rpi4 I have which will serve as the new backup server.

I might later on do the same with the nas to the odroidc2 board.

but here is the main issue, after I supposedly upgrade the server, I allocate 2GB of ram to the gpu leaving 6 for the os.

then I'll create another vm with the following specs: 2GB of disk size, 4 cpus and 4GB of ram (router vm's resources are unchanged and the host has 1GB for his own usage)

in addition I pass-through an usb thumb drive and the gpu. inside that vm I install libreelec.

what can I expect from this configuration performance wise? will this configuration as the ability to fulfill my needs from above? e.g. FHD sw decoding netflix viewing?

does 2GB is enough for libreelec?

Thanks in advance,

Dagg.