Brightness

• The picture from Kodi on my new raspberyy pi 4 is excessively bright. I have to reduce the projector brightness by -28 to make it viewable. I don't have this issue using a WD Player and I must assume it's Kodi, libreelec or rp 4. I can.t find any way to alter the color settings in Kodi. Any advice from anyone?

• Go to Best Answer
  • Try different hdmi_pixel_encoding= settings in config.txt.

0 default (RGB limited for CEA, RGB full for DMT)
    1 RGB limited (16-235)
    2 RGB full (0-255)
    3 YCbCr limited (16-235)
    4 YCbCr full (0-255)
  • Thanks. I haven't tried the above because I found the rpi4/Kodi box displays fine on a TV The WD Player displays fine on a TV or the projector. The projector just displays badly using the rpi4/Kodi. It's a mystery. If I contact the projector maker (Optoma), theye'll probably chase me when I mention Raspberry Pi.

• Tried editing confg.txt as above in notepad++ and saving as unix text file but libreelec refused to boot so that was the end of that. I think this raspberry pi is heading for ebay because it's useless if it can't display through my projector.

• I solved this brightness issue by changing the resolution under setting,display.

In the resolution list there is two 1920x1080P

Like that :

1920x1080p

1920x1080p <------ pick this one !!

1920x1080i

• Thanks a lot for sharing the solution. I had the same problem after updating to 10.0.1 with my projector and couldn't find what the problem was. Thanks again.