Making alsamixer settings permanent

• This question has been asked previously in a slightly different context, but does not seem to have been answered. I am using LibreELEC Official version 9.2.3 with sound card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. My audio amplifier does not have a balance control to compensate for room acoustics, so I installed Multimedia Tools to use alsamixer to provide that function. It works perfectly, but the settings will not survive a reboot.

Invoking alsactl store 2 requires the directory /var/lib/alsa to be created. It then writes the file asound.state in that folder - so far all as expected. However, when the system is rebooted the new folder ...../alsa is no longer there, obviously along with the asound.state file. I cannot understand why the folder should be deleted, but is there some method of making LibreELEC retain and read the alsamixer configuration on start-up?

• I thought it was documented in the wiki, but quick search didn't turn up anything - maybe that info was lost at some point...

Wiki rework is already planned for the near future, hope the missing bits will be added then.

so long,

Hias

• I couldn't leave this thread without expressing my thanks to you guys for what is now a mature, stable and versatile platform for Kodi. You have done a great job.

Best wishes,

Rob