Ralink RT3290 Bluetooth?

• Hey Guys!

Thanks for having me!

My work gave me an old NUC they had lying around (DE3815TYBE)

It's not powerful enough to do much of anything, but it has more than enough grunt to run as a HTPC.

So I installed KODI hoping it'd auto configure my bluetooth/wifi card (RT3290).

And to it's credit, it did just that. I can access the bluetooth via the command line on SSH. Buuuut I can't for the death of me find out why it's not showing up in the menu inside KODI

I can find ways to install the drivers via command line, but the terminal is cut down so much on LibreElec

Is there any advice you guys can give me?

I tried installing Lubuntu, but there's not enough space on the flash.

I tried barebones UBUNTU Server, couldnt even let it install. It doesn't like EMMC appearently.

Edit. The reinstall just finished so I can give you guys some extra information.

Under the settings there's a "Bluetooth" option. It says "Bluetooth is disabled"

Under services I enable bluetooth

Under bluetooth it says "No bluetooth adapter found"

• Is there by any chance an older version that still supports it?

And yeah, that's the one.

I have 3 Wifi/Bluetooth adapters, and all 3 of them are the same chipset

• Is there by any chance an older version that still supports it?

And yeah, that's the one.

I have 3 Wifi/Bluetooth adapters, and all 3 of them are the same chipset

It wouldn't hurt to try an older version. Have you tried playing 1080p files from a flash drive or external hard drive ? The Atom E3815 is pretty weak.

• More weak than a Raspberry Pi?

I streamed 1080P from my plex server and did notice some framdrops and stuttering.

But at the same time, The quality looked miles better, which is something I didn't expect to see.

• I'm downloading now! Will let you know.

EDIT:

Unfortunately no.

Thanks for the reply though!

I saw this post

There's a link to some drivers on Github. Will they work?

And how would one go about installing these?

Edited 2 times, last by Adagio (June 21, 2020 at 10:35 AM).