LibreELEC dual boot

• I'm trying to recover I have 2 partitons:

HD(0,7) label BOOT

HD(0,8) label Storage

I tried selecting a Linux and set the partitions, no success

I can not get it to boot libreelec however I get an error message /vmlinuz not found when I select a standard linux and can not figure out how to edit the grub config using grub2win

So I'm reasonable sure I need a customized config, however I've not been able to fine a good example I'm running the latest stable build of libreelec currently and it worked before updating windows, so it should boot given the right setting.

I did a full install using EFI on vmware, the checked the grub config, and modified the UUID:

menuentry "LibreELEC" {

search --set -f /KERNEL

linux /KERNEL boot=UUID=4263-D4F6 disk=UUID=aea54a1e-dd22-447c-a8cb-f9db9c70ceee quiet

}

However this fails with unsupport filesystem, however the FS is ext3 so it should be supported.

Can someone post a working example please.

Thanks,

ERIC

Edited once, last by egandt (June 10, 2020 at 12:31 AM).

• Your original thread title was too long, so I was cutting it. You said the boot error appears since your Windows update.

Go into your EFI / BIOS settings and check the boot order of partitions. Some Windows updates change it, but that's not our fault.

• Ok, so here is a solution, this may help others.

First I'm using Grub2Win as that way you do not need to install Linux and it has an easy GUI.

So what you need is to add a custom entry that looks like:

Now in my case as can be seen,

boot: /dev/sda6 UUID: 69b77479-3585-4722-9d0b-1112e538ae10

storage: /dev/sda7 UUID: 06fb785d-1301-4077-a519-dbb79179275

Finally: hd0,gpt6 this again refers to teh partiton you are booting from in my case gpt6 is the same as hd0,7 as gpt starts at 0, so again this may need to be adjusted (likely will need to be).

However these will need to be changed, grub2win allows you to get the partition table including BLKID and you can use that to replace the ID's above as needed. Finally this is for EFI if you are using an older MBR I can not help (sorry).

I played with maybe 30 different configs that should have mostly worked, none did, this does so I'm posting the solution.

ERIC