Pinebook Pro

• I've just got a Pinebook Pro and thought it would make great use of the ability to boot from SD card to have LibreElec running via the USB-C to HDMI. That way when its not being used productively, it could easily plug into a PC and be a powerful media centre.

I'm guessing as the RockPro64 image is available it wouldn't take much to adapt that to the PBP?

• I've just got a Pinebook Pro and thought it would make great use of the ability to boot from SD card to have LibreElec running via the USB-C to HDMI. That way when its not being used productively, it could easily plug into a PC and be a powerful media centre.

I'm guessing as the RockPro64 image is available it wouldn't take much to adapt that to the PBP?

With RockPro64 image you will be able to boot but without the LCD screen working as lcd driver is needed in the kernel.
    Maybe you should try kodi on the default installation.

LibreElec should be able to make a pinebookpro image with kernel 5.7.

• Thanks Spikerguy, Looking forward to 5.7 ! I did wonder about the LCD screen. I briefly tried the KODI app in the Manjaro Arm repo and it runs but I can't seem to get access to my media files via samba on it to check out how playback is. Something to play around with...

• I have uploaded 5.7 to unstable and it was snapped to testing already. Hopefully it will arrive to stable within a week or two.

I have not tried kodi with samba, I am still waiting for my new NAS drive to arrive been in shipping since almost 3 months now.

Once I have it then I will test with smb and get back to you.