MKV Video Freezes But Audio Continues To Play On ROC-RK3328-CC

• Hello,

I'm experiencing this on my 2GB ROC-RK3328-CC (Renegade) board. I'm using the latest public build of LibreElec for the ROC-CC with the PlexKodiConnect addon. I've got both the RK3328 wired and the PC with Plex wired as well. In terms of cooling it has a Pimeroni Fan Shim on it and usually hovers around 58 degrees while playing videos.

What I've noticed is on some videos the video itself will freeze but the audio continues playing until eventually the video unfreezes and plays normally. The length of freeze and how often it happens is completely arbitrary for videos. But if it happens on a video it is repeatable in the exact same spots on the video every time.

The videos are 1080P HEVC 8/10 bit MKV format. The videos that I have issues with are anime with subtitles (ASS/PGS). Every other 1080P HEVC 8/10 bit video plays without hiccups (B99 for example).

The issue is replicable in the same spots regardless of whether the video is being played through PlexKodiConnect plugin or if I play it locally off of a USB device. If I play the same video on my Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Kodi it plays without issues. It plays on my computer with zero issues as well whether I play it through Kodi or MPC-HC.

I've included the Kodi.log file, Kodi.old file and the Mediainfo for one of the videos that I am able to replicate the issue with.

On the logs I enabled debugging logs as well as all of the specialized logs as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I missed anything I can include it as well if needed.

Kodi.log

Kodi.old

Working!! - 02 Mediainfo

Edited once, last by RandomScrub: Only adding 3 links this time. (June 2, 2020 at 2:43 AM).

• Official Post

That looks buggy to me. ?(

• Yeah unfortunately it may just be the hardware isn't up to par for 1080p HEVC. I've dug around to see if there is a way to overclock my device, but I've been largely unsuccessful so far. Will keep digging around.

Thanks for your help.