Mini MX WiFi fix android port to LE?

• On MiniMX 1/8 at android wifi speed is very slow.
    Someone make a fix to repair it on Android.
    Dropbox - Link not found

I noticed at LE is the wifi speed bad enough too.
    Possible with this fix file repair the LE build too?
    This fix is maked to 2/16 box too.

The fix that you have attached only update the dtb.img, in theory this procedure do the same on LE

Get the file dtb.img from zip, rename it to dtb.img and copy it to main folder of SD card/USB drive - replace the one that's already there.

• envagyok A device tree with that fix to test for you: gxbb_p200_1G_envagyok_test.dtb

Would be nice if you could post iperf results before/after. ;)

Hi,

I tried.
    First time was the MiniMX very bad playce, with slow wifi
    Then with the new dtb makes 4.19-5.13 Mbit, and with the old 3.19-4.35, but im not 100%, because the speed always changed. And later speeded up both.
    When good places were the MiniMX (only 1 wall, and 2m) , then both dtb file resulted 40-45 mbit.
    I compared the files later, the 2 dtb file is identical :D
    So i testing 2 hours long the 2 identical dtb file :D :)

Edited once, last by envagyok (November 1, 2016 at 12:14 PM).

• Hi,

I tried.
    First time was the MiniMX very bad playce, with slow wifi
    Then with the new dtb makes 4.19-5.13 Mbit, and with the old 3.19-4.35, but im not 100%, because the speed always changed. And later speeded up both.
    When good places were the MiniMX (only 1 wall, and 2m) , then both dtb file resulted 40-45 mbit.
    I compared the files later, the 2 dtb file is identical :D
    So i testing 2 hours long the 2 identical dtb file :D :)

Just to clarify. You have 3 dtb.

• The original ones from Android
    • The "updated" version from the ZIP
    • The file provided by kszaq

Which files are the same?

• envagyok The test file is exactly 1 bit different if compared to gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb (at hex 0x6164). The difference is so minor because the fix has been in part already included in .008.

I no longer have MiniMX but I remember it had very weak WiFi reception, whereas being close to router it maxed at ca. 50 Mbps.

• envagyok The test file is exactly 1 bit different if compared to gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb (at hex 0x6164). The difference is so minor because the fix has been in part already included in .008.

I no longer have MiniMX but I remember it had very weak WiFi reception, whereas being close to router it maxed at ca. 50 Mbps.

This fix is maked to 2/16 box too.?
    wifi speed is very very slow :(

7.0.2.009 build for gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

Edited once, last by ibertron (November 8, 2016 at 4:59 AM).

• Not wait too much.
    maximum speed : 5MB/s
    when just few meter distance is (2-3)
    when you has more dist , then just 1-2
    many people in other topic make external antenna.