ODROID C4

• Hi there,

Couldn't find anything on the relatively new successor of C2 and wanted to know what are the chances of C4 being a officially supported device in near future.

If one is about to invest in a new libreELEC compatible device now, should they go for the latest and wait for support or play it safe and get the old C2 for example?

• Official Post

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just that you be aware, the "proper" support for it is likely starting at LE10. Its basically the usual S905X3 so the support for it is still in heavy development.

• Official Post

I already have support for the C4 in my private git repo, but I need to clean some things related to Linux 5.7 up a little before I push support to the LE repo. Adding support for the C4 took a whole 30 mins as Dongjin had already prepared a device-tree file for Linux 5.4 that only needed a couple of minor updates for Linux 5.7 - and the device-tree is now submitted upstream.