HDR, Dolby Audio & OutSync 4k Video

• Hi everyone,

i've recently setup a new raspberry pi4B with Librelec 9.1.2 and Kodi Leia: everything works fine but i've just a few problem with HDR content and Dolby Audio.

The raspberry is connected trough hdmi with my tv (Hisense 65U8B), that support both (HDR and Dolby Audio).

• Usally when i play a Dolby Audio Content the tv display a signal that Dolby Audio is activated, but when i play a movie with Kodi this never happen.
      I've played the same movie directly from the tv and the signal was shown, even though I've enalbled the Dolby Audio settings on kodi....
      Anyone knows if there is something else I can do? Any setting to change?

This isn't a real problem, since audio works fine, but just a little fine tuning :)
    • When i watch a 4k video, sometimes the audio go outsync, after a few moments it gets back to normal, but othertimes i have to pause, the video sync and then the audio go back to normal....Anyone knows why this happen? Can you help me?
    • HDR content, instead, doesn't work: the video is blurred on top and also cropped on the top part. Other 4K video works fine, but the one with HDR not. I've already read that HDR is currently not supported on librelec :(
      Anyone knows if there is another solution to play HDR content?
      Is there a release date or any news for Librelec Update?

Thanks to anyone who will answer me.

Have a nice day :)

Edited once, last by Xorm (May 2, 2020 at 6:26 PM).

• Official Post

RPi4 is hardware capable of HDR and HBR audio, but neither are implemented in current software. There is active effort to implement HDR on several platforms for Kodi v19, mostt advanced in the quest is recent Intel devices, but that's still in a pre-alpha state and for RPi4 some other essential code plumbing needs to come first.