headless install

• I have been using Raspberry Pis for several years. I recently decided to explore the idea of a media center, specifically for videos, on my new RPi4.

I loaded the SD card with the latest version of LibreElec, along with the "ssh" and "wpa_supplicant.conf" I use with Raspbian, and booted the Pi.

My router shows both, the LAN and WiFi, connection I.P.s. However, neither, the SSH nor the VNC applications connect.

The LAN connection is refused and the WiFi connection times out.

Is there a way to install LibreElec in headless mode?

Currently, my strategy is to install Raspbian Buster Lite and install Kodi with "sudo apt-get install kodi."

• Is there a way to install LibreElec in headless mode?

No, but you can turn off the display by using the tvservice command on autostart.sh.

Currently, my strategy is to install Raspbian Buster Lite and install Kodi with "sudo apt-get install kodi."

Most headless LE users only do it, because they need special add-on's, which are not available for other RPi OS'es. If that's not the case for you, go the Raspbian way.

Don't forget that you will run into display package dependencies when you install Kodi on a headless Raspbian. So using a standard Raspbian and switching off the display by tvservice could be the best strategy.