Problem migrating from OpenELEC on rPi2

• I upgraded via the tar file dropped in the Updates share.

All seemed to go well initially, but at start up, I get the KODI splash screen flashing (on & off, but not quickly). Eventually I get to the main screen (but after a longish wait). Once at the main screen I can tell my settings aren't preserved (temp in C and date format is non-US), plus, many of the onscreen menu items are no longer visible on the screen, even when highlighted (maybe just a text color issue as the functionality is still there). I tried changing the Skin from Aeon Nox back to Confluence, but it's not made a difference.

All the functionality seems to be there.

I've attached a few screen shots and the output from "dmesg" in case that provides any hints.

I believe the only possibly "non-standard" thing I have is that I've moved the "Storage" data to an external USB flash drive...it worked fine w/OpenELEC so I assumed there'd be no issues with LibreELEC.

Any suggestions for a resolution would be appreciated.

I did make a System/Kodi backup prior to upgrading.

• The longish wait at the boot could because of databases being updated.

In all problem situations, provide a kodi.log file, via pastebin preferably.
    HOW TO:Provide Logfile - LibreELEC

Databases can become corrupt over time, especially on cheap SD card setups. It will manifest when updates are attempted. It's IMO the big downside of all sd card machines, such as the Raspberry Pi.

• Thanks.

One of the reasons I had Storage on the external USB Thumb Drive was to avoid the issues with using an SD card...but maybe I'm having a similar problem.

Here's the pastebin of my log file: OWHP

(Due to the issues with the UI, I just modified the AdvancedSettings.xml, please let me know if I used the wrong setting for the log output you're looking for.)

• I appear to have been able to fix the problem myself.

Though it was a little difficult without seeing the System menu options, I made it to System/Appearance/International and set the Language (which was blank) to English (US)...and all the text came back. I'd also set the Character set to Western Europe (ISO)...I don't know if that's the right value for my system however.

Would those settings have been restored if I'd restored my most recent backup, or would that have messed things up?

I performed a reboot to make sure that the start up issue was resolved as well, and I only had to sit though the splash screen once, so I'm a happy guy now (and the WAF will increase when she gets home, and I can amaze her with my debugging skills :) ).