Pi4 with HiFiBerry Digi+ - audio question

• Not at the moment but how is it going to be related to spdif? I do not need HDMI audio at all.

Sorry, I forgot that HiFiBerry has to be selected as LE's audio output device. Selecting PI: HDMI and Analogue or PI: Analogue will deactivate this DAC, but should activate the analogue jack of the RPi.

I assume you have been followed the official instructions. If this doesn't solve the problem, ask the HiFiBerry support. They are pretty firm.

If it turns out that it's impossible to have both outputs at the same time, then maybe an RC button switch is an option for you.

• HifiBerry works well, it is not the issue. I have no analog on Hifiberry just optical's. I am familiar with the instruction but this is guide how to install Berry. I want to use analog from pi and spdif from Berry. How RC button may help here?

• The coaxial and optical S/PDIF outputs on your hifiberry card are run in parallel and both carry the same signal.

You can use the audio profile addon to quickly switch between either analog output on your RPi or digital output on your hifiberry.

so long,

Hias

• Thanks for you support. Although I have no need to switch because I wanted to use my spdif headphones and analog headphones in the same time. In this case I can simply use DAC if they are working in the same time. One will be connected to the headphones via spdif and one to dac via optical.

I have also observed that there is a very low volume level even if I have on 100% in kodi by analog. Is it something normal?

Thanks!!!

• I've also read that on-board analog audio output level is quite low - haven't checked myself for ages though.

TBH it's best to stay away from the on-board analog audio out if possible. The quality isn't too great and the RPi has to throw in a lot of processing power (which then missed for video decoding etc) to get a somewhat acceptable quality out of the simple 1-bit dac.

so long,

Hias