I can't access Windows 7 shared folders with Samba (invalid argument)

• Good morning all,

(Excuse me if my English is not correct, I translate French with Google Translate)

I just bought a Raspberry Pi 4 to make it a media center with LibreELEC.

On LibreELEC, I would like to have access to the "VIDEOS" folder on my PC running Windows 7 family edition ... but it doesn't work!

When I want to add a source, I click on "Browse / Windows Network (SMB) / WORKGROUP / LW-PC (it's me!)… And there I have a Error window that says" Invalid argument "

The Raspberry is wired, and I can access the Raspberry from my PC, but not the other way around.

My Android tablet can access the PC and shared folders ... while LibreELEC does not even access the PC.

On Windows 7, I already disabled password protected sharing.

I tried other solutions like disabling SMBv1 on Windows, ... it didn't change anything.

Some details on the current LibreELEC settings:

Active wired network

Activate SAMBA: YES

Name of the working group: WORKGROUP (like the PC)

Use password authentication for Samba: NO

Minimum protocol supported: SMB2

Maximum supported protocol: SMB3

Can you help me please ?

(Last very essential point, I am a total beginner!)

Thank you in advance for your help, and good Sunday to you.

Julien

• Official Post

Try adding as a specific IP rather than browsing (There are plenty of threads about this)

so smb://<your server IP>/<shared folder> Wiki

or just mount it (preferred option) Wiki

• Thank you, it worked by indicating the full address of the folder, without going through "browse".

However, I was forced to create a password for my Windows account, but that's okay.

Thank you again for your help.

• Hi all,

I run into a similar problem with Samba and Windows 10.

After enabling Samba in Libreelec and entering the IP address in the form \\IP_address\ I get the following prompt

If I enter the right credentials, libreelec/libreelec I get an error (password incorrect)

I imagine it has to do with the domain being ADS (it's from my business computer), however I don't know which domain to use there.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Cheers