TvHeadend setup help

• My current setup:

Back-end :

Rpi 4 with Latest version of Tvheadend on Libreelec, using Pi's Tv head

Front-end

Nvidia Shield using PVR Live application to pull in TV channels into Live Channels app.

My issue

Changing channels on Nvidia Shield is slow (between 10 - 20 second delay) when using a matroska stream profile. Using pass only works for a few channels HD channells but appears to be slow as well.

Tried Kodi on Nvidia shield and it uses htsp profile and yet again changing channels is slow.

I have tested my network using iperf and i do get a full gigabit connection between fronted and backed. U suspect it could be something to do with the streaming profiles and their setup, but that were my knowledge ends unfortunately.

I am based in UK if that helps.

Any help if highly appreciated.

• when using a matroska stream profile

then you already partly transcode the stream, that is not what you want

sing pass only works for a few channels HD channells but appears to be slow as well.

this is the way to go, what means slow, 2sec? 10sec ?

can you do a screenshot of your settings ?

Btw pls also try Kodi at Windows if there are the same problems. The Shield should do it but you never know.

Normal switch speeds are around 2-3sec. Worst case is <5sec for a full channel switch.

• then you already partly transcode the stream, that is not what you want

this is the way to go, what means slow, 2sec? 10sec ?

can you do a screenshot of your settings ?

Btw pls also try Kodi at Windows if there are the same problems. The Shield should do it but you never know.

Normal switch speeds are around 2-3sec. Worst case is <5sec for a full channel switch.

Just tried Kodi on windows and exactly the same channel switch time , over 10 secconds using HTPS

Code
    2020-03-31 16:33:21.073 subscription: 0007: "192.168.1.166 [ Administrator | Kodi Media Center ]" subscribing on channel "Channel 4 HD", : 150, adapter: "Sony CXD2880 #0 : DVB-T #0", network: "DVB-T Network", mux: "626MHz", service: "Channel 4 HD", profile="htsp", hostname="192.168.1.166", username="Administrator", client="Kodi Media Center"

Which part of the settings should i screenshot?

Thanks for your help! A beer is definitely coming your way

• go to Configuration~Users~Access entries and click on the account you r using...in this case administrator then click edit...and check that the streaming profiles you r using are all enabled for that user..I have a feeling htsp is not enabled properly and your setup is defaulting to some transcoding profile..

Menu looks like in this image:

m1zvLaD

• go to Configuration~Users~Access entries and click on the account you r using...in this case administrator then click edit...and check that the streaming profiles you r using are all enabled for that user..I have a feeling htsp is not enabled properly and your setup is defaulting to some transcoding profile..

Menu looks like in this image:

m1zvLaD

Just checked and all profiles appear to be enabled.

• this is my kodi user (Tvheadend 4.3 so likely a bit different), at Change parameters: tick everything besides HTSP Output Format then the user should just work

if this is still not working we can manually remove usersettings and it might work again too (I need access to my pc to tell you the details later)

• Just checked and all profiles appear to be enabled.

Streaming Profiles and Dvr Config Profiles you have nothing set for the user in that screenshot..most probably that is your issue..

Also in Video recorder I would tick everything.

Connection limit type...choose all

• Using Kodi on Nvidia Shield with a HTSP steaming profile appears to be working and channel switch time is down to like 3 seconds, which is great and thanks for your help.

However using Live Channels with pass as stream profile is still fails. I can see a subscription to a channel in TVH with Input and Output figures changing constantly but the tv screen still displays a loading circle. Feels like a codec issue somewhere, anything else i could try?

• However using Live Channels with pass as stream profile is still fails.

The htsp Kodi Client wants the htsp profile, the HTSP Profile includes additional informations like EPG and stuff. The pass profile is for VLC and similar applications.

So it may not work at all. Transcoding works ofc too with kodi but then the RPi is too weak for it to do it properly and fast.

• Tried Kodi on Nvidia shield and it uses htsp profile and yet again changing channels is slow

Is this at least solved?

If you look at the tvheadend log in the UI you should see which profile is being used and any other errors that might help you solve this issue.

Dont think you really need to transcode..you are complicating things up..