eeepc-laptop kernel modules not being loaded (ASUS eeePC 1001PX)

• First post here so forgive me in advance if i'm not clear enough or if i posted this thread on a wrong forum.

So I'm a bit of a fan when it comes to reusing and repurposing old hardware so I had this ASUS eeePC 1001PX lying around and I decided to instal LibreELEC on it and build myself a "TV box". So I installed everything and the first thing I noticed was that all the FN keys weren't working. No big deal here, but it would be nice if they worked (I think this has to do with my second issue which is the lack of a certain kernel module). My main issue is regarding a thing called Super Hybrid Engine. Aparently this is supported by that eeepc-laptop kernel module and It's something i'm really in need, because given that this netbook has a painfully slow CPU, being able to overclock it would mean better performance playing 720p videos smoothly. I tried to modprobe to enable the aforementioned module, but It says that it can't find it. If anyone could point me in the right direction i would be delighted.

• oh sorry. i did not use the search function but i did search in google and that result didn't show up. so i guess libreelec might not suit my hw of choice... bummer. anyways i'm glad i now know why it's working like it is. thanks for your reply

ps: in case i would anyway try to make kodi run correctly on my hw... i would need to patch the stock kernel, right?