Wetek play - how to upgrade to libreelec

• Hello

I haven't used my Wetek Play for a while and tried XMBC (13.2) which I liked more. I was thinking about installing openelec directly on to nand, but after reading about libreelec - I'd like to use it instead.

Though I'm not sure how to install libreelec directly on to nand, and which files to use.

Thanks for any help

• Yes, I know how to install openelec on nand.
    Though I'm not sure which set of files to use for LE - on the download page there are 3 possible sets?
    [hr]
    Just to add, for example, do I first install openelec on nand, and then use the LE Manual Update from OpenELEC (.tar) files?

Or should I simply use New Install to WeTek internal NAND (.zip)? - Is it the same process as installing openelec to nand, because the set of files look quite different to openelec? I know someone else who tried this & they said it bricked their wetek play

thanks

Edited once, last by nomad11 (April 29, 2016 at 3:52 PM).

• Yes, I know how to install openelec on nand.
    Though I'm not sure which set of files to use for LE - on the download page there are 3 possible sets?
    [hr]
    Just to add, for example, do I first install openelec on nand, and then use the LE Manual Update from OpenELEC (.tar) files?

Or should I simply use New Install to WeTek internal NAND (.zip)? - Is it the same process as installing openelec to nand, because the set of files look quite different to openelec? I know someone else who tried this & they said it bricked their wetek play

thanks

Use the .tar file to upgrade if you have OpenELEC already installed.

Use the .zip file to do a fresh NAND flash.

• Thanks @Irusak

For the zip nand flash, are there any initial menu choices to make (e.g. does it go into something like recovery?), or is the whole thing automatic?
    [hr]
    Ok, I tried the zip nand flash, it goes into recovery - should it?
    I chose Install from EXT, but it can't find any package on the SD.

Am I missing some steps?

Edited once, last by nomad11 (April 29, 2016 at 9:08 PM).