[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• I looked in the s905 wip thread, and found another user talking about the poor video playback compared to jarvis: LibreELEC

Could the stutters be due to the amcodec update? Interestingly, for me the stutters only occur in big movement or fast action scenes (not every 40 second like he says). It makes it look like the system is underpowered for the videos.

• The system is certainly not underpowered. Stuttering may be caused by the new approach that is used to video decoding and I think that frame rate automation is not working well yet with the new decoder.

• The system is certainly not underpowered. Stuttering may be caused by the new approach that is used to video decoding and I think that frame rate automation is not working well yet with the new decoder.

Okay, that's good to know. I don't think the system is underpowered; It's just how it looks since in calm scenes there's no stuttering. It's only in big camera movements that the video stutters.

• I, too, confirm that there is substantial stuttering. Not only with with high bitrate files but also with smaller x264 ones with bitrate around 1000kbps. Looks like Krypton is not ready yet.

Is there a console command to reboot from NAND? I use Amber as my main skin (very nice and fast) and it doesn't have this option in the shutdown menu.

• I, too, confirm that there is substantial stuttering. Not only with with high bitrate files but also with smaller x264 ones with bitrate around 1000kbps. Looks like Krypton is not ready yet.

Is there a console command to reboot from NAND? I use Amber as my main skin (very nice and fast) and it doesn't have this option in the shutdown menu.

"# rebootfromnand" ?

• This "Alpha" Release Works very good and stable on my two boxes. Also the new Inputstream Addon works (i've followed the hotows for raspberry 2/3 to get widevine Library).

You're right, I misspoke earlier. It actually stutters on all videos I've tried on it. Prior, I had only watched a lower bitrate video during a calm segment.

• OP updated with a new build. Main change is updated Kodi source, although not many changes will be visible. Amlogic hardware decoding is still a work in progress.

• Hello to everyone!

i am testing latest libreelec alpha build on my mxq (red stripe).
    I have one question:

When i try to share movies over UpnP/DLNA and watch it on my Samsung smart TV, movie playback is ok, but i don't see external srt subtitles.
    Movie is on USB, that is plug in mxq. External srt subtitle has same name and is in same folder where movie is.
    I have also checked option "Look for external subtitles"
    Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you!

• I'm watching a Formula1 race now (720p H264, 50fps) and there is no stuttering.

BUT

if I press"info" or "playback info" the stuttering begins. It goes away again if I jump back a few seconds.
    Happens with Estuary and Amber, the two skins I have installed.