some add'on missing on Linux

• Hi to all,

At first, thanks for your jobs, great features packaged for this distro. I'm using on Odroid C2.

I would like install some add'on lower software for the linux layer. I'm needing to use some based linux features aren't included on LibreElec and CoreElec distro.

I have to control hardware externa power switch thru C2, and need to install apci software.

Same... i would like to control CPU temperature, make sure fan iinstalled is enough. So lmsensor package missing (i supose is psensors debian package name...)

How can i install that ?

• C2 ships with a heatsink which is more than enough for S905 as it never gets particuarly hot - active cooling with fans will not be required unless using something that generates a ton of CPU load. I forget whether the 3.14 kernel supports thermal zones to do more, but if not I am in the midddle of sending a patch upstream to add thermal zones support to all Amlogic GXBB/GXL/GXM devices.

C2 also has GPIO pins which could be used to interact with external switches and such.. similar to a Raspberry Pi but not as well documented. AFAIK the C2 has no support for ACPI in hardware so not sure that's the direction to chase things in. LE does not package lmsensors but "cputemp" will give you the output from the single (CPU) temperature sensor on the boarad and you can always script around that.

• Hi

Yes cputemp give temp, thx for that ! I don't knew this command.

About C2 and GPIO support APCI. HardKernel build C2 documented the process.

So with infrared remote command, shuting down works fine. But with the GPIO, i don't to intercepting signal and running any script.