Reboot = Hdmi Signal Drop Rpi4

• hi

i have this weird issue that whenever i reboot my RPI4, the TV loses the HDMI signal.

what happens is LE shuts down and the RPI4 reboots. i can even see the LE splashscreen but after that the signal just craps out.

LE itself seems to boot up as it should as i can control kodi with kore and SSH into the machine but no matter what i do i cannot get the HDMI signal back (rebooting again also doesn't help)

The only thing that gets the signal back is to disconnect the power, wait for ~20sec and plug the power back in.

apart from Hyperion and Emby Server there are no addons installed. TV is LG OLED C9

i have tried different hdmi cables, HDMI0 and HDMI1 ports, and the HDMI hotplug option but none of that helped.

any ideas would be much appreciated as this is driving me crazy.

• thanks so much! that makes a lot of sense since the hdmi signal loss tends to happen right when hyperion lights up the LEDs for the initial swirl.

however my problem is that i installed Hyperion through the Hypercon PC-App via SSH bc the developers explicitly state on their website it should be installed this way and not via LE addon (Installation on LibreElec | Hyperion - Forum). This means running systemctl status service.hyperion returns "Unit service.hyperion.service could not be found." :(

Now i am hesitant to just install the addon to make this work. i am so glad that the whole ambilight setup finally works (well sort of ...) and don't want to break things by installing the addon over the existing installation.

so do you have an idea how to make your delay script work with my installation of hyperion?

maybe add it here /storage/.config/system.d/ ...?

or with a generic delay here /storage/.config/autostart.sh ?

sorry i am still new to linux so any help would be much appreciated

• I'd strongly recommend switching to the LibreELEC hyperion addon, then you'll also get regular updates.

ISTR the hyperion installer copies stuff to /storage/hyperion and modifies /storage/.config/autostart.sh to start it automatically on boot.

It should be enough to backup hyperion.config.json from your current installation, remove the files and directories (including autostart.sh), install the LibreELEC addon and then use the LibreELEC hypercon version to upload your hyperion.config.json file.

See Hyperion [LibreELEC.wiki] and Hypercon [LibreELEC.wiki] and/or search the forum for Hyperion

so long,

Hias

• thanks for the reply

so you don't see a way to quickly add this delay to my current installation? thought this might be an easy fix

if not I think what i'll do is just clone the SD-card to have something to fall back on if all fails. so if i got this right:

1) delete /storage/hyperion and /storage/.config/autostart.sh (config file backup is on my pc anyway)

2) install LE-Hyperion Addon

3) Add the delay script as you pointed out in the other thread

4) profit?

cheers and thanks again

• I'm not really familiar what the hyperion installer is actually doing, you'll have to ask on their forum instead.

The main profit of switching to the LibreELEC addon is that we can answer your questions.

so long,

Hias

• okay so what i did

- backed up LE via LE-backup service

- installed fresh LE on another SD card

- installed hyperion:

-> RPI: install addon from repo

-> PC-SSH: activated SPI as per instructions from the wiki

-> PC: loaded my old hypercon conf in the LE Hypercon App

-> PC-SSH: added the delay.conf (thanks again)

-> reboot -> swirl appears after kodi has booted up -> no more signal drop -> happiness

---then i figured time to restore the backup (deleted the autostart.sh and hyperion config from the .tar beforehand) which naturally destroyed all system settings X( so i had to go through the hyperion installation process once more..

but now finally it seems to be working as intended. So thanks again for your help Hias!! just wrote it all down for reference maybe somebody else runs into the same problem in the future

one last question: is there any downside to using the addon of hyperion VS the "official" installation routine? i can see the advantage of it not being such a messy installation but are there any disadvantages (feature wise / update wise)?

• There are no downsides using the LibreELEC addon. We regularly update it to current version (though there isn't much happening ATM - we skipped the opencv grabber as that's not used in LE) and as it's created within our build system you can also be sure that it'll work, even if you update LibreELEC to a new version (in which case the hyperion addon will be automatically updated, too).

so long,

Hias