HDMI CEC not working RPI4

• Hi me again...

i am struggling to get HDMI CEC connectivity working with my LG Magic Remote (LG C9 TV) and LE running on a RPi4.

The TV seems to recognize the RPi4's HDMI CEC signal and after some initialization even displays a message saying that i should be able to control the device with the remote. Alas, none of the remote buttons do anything in kodi. the TV identifies the RPi4 as a Roku device.

i have tried setting the TV-HDMI port to different devices (different set-top boxes, PC, console, etc etc). I have also played around with simplink option in the menus (that's what LG calls their HDMI CEC integration iiuc) but no success

so if anyone has gotten LG remotes to play nice with LE on a RPi4 please let me know

• I have the exact same setup and issue as you. I'll be following this thread to see if someone has any advice – and I'll of course report back in case I somehow get it working on my own.

• I had a similar problem with my RP4, where CEC worked only sparsely or very delayed (up to 20 minutes!!). It took me some hours (and some hdmi cables+adapters) to figure out, that on the other micro-hdmi port all was working well.

So make sure, you tried both ports on the RasPi...

• thanks for the replies. I have tried the other hdmi port but it's no different.

TV responds to hdmi signal, kodi says pulse eight adapter connected but i cannot control anything with the remote :(

• update:

not expecting much i ordered a MicroHDmi-HDMI cable off of amazon (amazon basics cable, just search for it). TV recognized rpi as Rouko just as before with no HDMI-CEC . Frustrated i resetted the HDMI port in TV from Rouko set top box to just HDMI (no device) and to my surprise all of a sudden the TV remote worked! I have now full control over LE via LG Magic Remote :) (interestingly Kodi also identified my Soundbar connected via HDMI Arc)

so you might want to try out a direct cable connection (i used the official Micro HDmi adapter before). Hope it helps