Adding Alexa container to docker

• I have a new Amazon echo dot for the UK market. There is an older addon that doesnt seem to work very well with kodi. It does work with some basic navigation, but seems to be lacking. There is an alternative alexa addon which can be used with a docker addon, Amazon Echo skill for Kodi I understand that libreelec has docker support, but how do I go about adding the docker container to libreelec from GitHub - m0ngr31/kodi-alexa: Alexa skill for controlling Kodi Does any code need changing to install the docker container for LE? I have a dynamic dns and can install the skill easily but the installing the container to docker has me stumped, or if its even possible. Cheers stu.

• Install the docker add-on, then via ssh run the following command

Code
    docker run --rm --name=kodi-alexa --publish=443:8000 -e KODI_ADDRESS=<ip-address< -e KODI_PORT=8080 -e KODI_USERNAME=kodi -e KODI_PASSWORD=kodi kuroshi/kodi-alexa

Replace the ip address with your LibreELEC devices ip address

• how would i get it to start automatically with LE? If i close putty then kodi-alexa stops. It loads as i get a notification in the top corner telling me its started.

Edited once, last by stuCONNERS (October 27, 2016 at 1:23 AM).

• Install the docker add-on, then via ssh run the following command

Code
    docker run --rm --name=kodi-alexa --publish=443:8000 -e KODI_ADDRESS=<ip-address< -e KODI_PORT=8080 -e KODI_USERNAME=kodi -e KODI_PASSWORD=kodi kuroshi/kodi-alexa

Replace the ip address with your LibreELEC devices ip address

Code
    panic: standard_init_linux.go:175: exec user process caused "exec format error" [recovered]
        panic: standard_init_linux.go:175: exec user process caused "exec format error"

goroutine 1 [running, locked to thread]:
    panic(0x39fcf8, 0x57085a00)
        /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.70-addons/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0-devel/toolchain/lib/golang/src/runtime/panic.go:481 +0x330
    github.com/urfave/cli.HandleAction.func1(0x570bf958)
        /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.70-addons/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0-devel/runc-02f8fa7/Godeps/_workspace/src/github.com/urfave/cli/app.go:478 +0x328

Any ideas?

Edited once, last by HelpMeSpotify (December 19, 2016 at 10:43 PM).

• Code
    panic: standard_init_linux.go:175: exec user process caused "exec format error" [recovered]
        panic: standard_init_linux.go:175: exec user process caused "exec format error"

goroutine 1 [running, locked to thread]:
        /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.70-addons/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0-devel/toolchain/lib/golang/src/runtime/panic.go:481 +0x330
    github.com/urfave/cli.HandleAction.func1(0x570bf958)
        /home/chewitt/LibreELEC.70-addons/build.LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0-devel/runc-02f8fa7/Godeps/_workspace/src/github.com/urfave/cli/app.go:478 +0x328

Any ideas?

Exec format error means that the container is the wrong architecture for the hardware you are running on. IE, you can't run an x86 container on arm (RPI).