LibreElec on RP4 resolution problem

• I’ve installed the latest version of LibreElec (9.2.0) and am using it on a Raspberry Pi 4 computer. For some reason when I connect to my TV (1080p) via HDMI, the resolution is only showing as 1024x768. If I go into Settings > Display, 768p is the highest resolution available.

I’m also not getting any sound.

For the record I’ve tried multiple combinations of hdmi sockets on both the RPi4 and the a TV to no avail. As I understand it, the hdmi socket nearest the power cable is the one to use on the RPi4.

what am I doing wrong. How do I get it to display in 1080p. I’m sure it’s something simple, but I’ve been tinkering for a while now and just can’t seem to figure it out. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited once, last by Kuroneko808 (January 15, 2020 at 8:32 PM).

• I haven’t tried a different cable yet, as I only have the one hdmi mini cable. For what it’s worth it’s the official RPi one.

I bet it's the HDMI cable, because your 1024x768 is a typical PC screen resolution. Buy a High-Speed Micro-HDMI to HDMI cable, or an adapter to use a standard HDMI High Speed cable. HDMI High Speed is an official standard, made for high resolutions.

• I’ve just ordered another cable, which should arrive next week. I’ll report back once I’ve tested it.

Although I would just mention that the cable I’ve been using (the official RPi cable) does have “high speed HDMI” written along it.

For what it’s worth, I downloaded the latest version of Raspbian Buster (kernel 4.19) and tried that on the RPi4. Sadly (and perhaps not surprisingly) I had the same problem.

• You could connect your Pi 4 to another TV to see if it works normally. If you don't have another TV, maybe you could connect it to a neighbor, friend or relative's TV for a quick test.

• I had the same problem with sound and resolution. I fixed the sound with the solution mentioned here:

No HDMI Audio

Also , is it possible that raspberry trying to use the TV's bluetooth speakers if available ? (not tested)