Access Point Question

• I'm running 7.0.2 on an Asus Chromebox. It is hard wired, so I'm using the built in WiFi card as an access point. That is working well. My question is, is there a way to disable AP isolation so that devices connected to the chromebox can communicate with the rest of my Lan?

Thanks

• Sorry, are you suggesting a static route of some kind from SSH / terminal in libreelec, to have it route it's traffic back to the main Lan?
    To be clear, my main Lan is 192.168.1.0\24. It appears that the libreelec AP is 192.168.0.0\24.
    Are you suggesting a method to have traffic traverse from 0.0 to 1.0, or to have Libreelec act only as an Access Point, and let my main router hand out IPs?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Bump.. Just looking for a little clarification here. Seems like AP isolation should be easily disabled if I can tell it where DHCP is being issued.

• It's best to understand that you're using a tethered hotspot (as you'd find in a mobile phone) not an access point; it works as-is and there is no option to reconfigure anything, i.e. make it work like a wireless bridge. That said, devices on the WLAN segment should be able to access services on the Ethernet segment of the network by IP address without issues, but you probably don't have local 'name' resolution which would requires broadcast traffic to be routed over all subnets. As the WLAN segment is behind NAT you'll need to create static routes to have anything on the LAN side contact WLAN devices. If you want anything more than how it is, it's time to $pend and get a proper access point (or bridge).

• Thanks for the explanation! I'm not sure exactly how to set / where to set the static route referenced above, but I'll give that some research. If that doesn't work, what chewitt said makes sense, and I'll reconfigure an older router with DD-WRT for access point purposes.