Trouble maintaining Samba connection

• Hi,

I updated from OpenElec to LibreElec recently. I then proceeded to add a second external drive to my Kodi (on Raspberry Pi). So I effectively have my TV library source on one drive, and Movie library source on the second drive.

I have samba enabled. I notice that sometimes I can only connect to these drives on Windows (on the same wifi network) via the kodi name, and other times only by the IP address (which has been locked in at the back end of the router.

Other times, and lots of them, Windows will either not connect or will simply load a screen saying there are no files here.

And when I am connected, getting to a TV show folder is reasonably quick, so is creating a folder (occasionally a bit slow on either action), going back a folder seems to hang for a while, and my transfer speed ranges from 600kb to 2mb a second.

I've noticed that sometimes my Kodi will not mount both drives, or will become very, very slow. I've removed almost all addons. It's a Pi 3 so ram shouldn't be an issue. Yesterday it was so slow it would basically freeze when trying to view the movie library. Sometime I wait a few minutes and then it comes back to life. At one point it went into safe mode and I found in the log that the profile had corrupted so I deleted the profile file and that got fixed. One other time when the libreelec load screen comes up, about 50 to 100 lines printed out but then it seemed to load up okay.

Any ideas?

I don't have a log to offer. My next option is to format the sd card and reinstall libreelec. However I don't have an SD card reader at this moment so that's not a current option.

Thanks!

• Try testing with a wired Ethernet connection, to rule out WiFi as the problem.

If you've modified /storage/.config/samba.conf while using OpenELEC then delete it and test again with the default LibreELEC Samba server config.

Failing that, a fresh install probably isn't a bad idea.