Is there an active Pi4 'testing' build? (Sorry, I had a peek, can't see one?)

• The latest nightly build from here Index of / (ATM LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.80-nightly-20200621-7864ad7.img.gz) contains current state of RPi4 development.

Hardware H264 decoding is currently disabled by default (as it causes crashes when seeking or stopping), if you're willing to take the risk you can enable it in player settings. 4k HEVC hardware decoding works fine, though.

The KMS driver doesn't support 4k output yet, so it'll be limited to 1080p. HBR, HDR aren't implemented either and proper multichannel output is also missing ATM.

So, you have been warned, test it at your own risk.

so long,

Hias

• Minor increments maybe, but I'm not expecting any .. but then I don't experience general performance issues with the GUI as-is. What is the issue?

Let me clarify - you're not expecting UI performance increases UNTIL the new driver, or you're not even expecting UI increases after the new driver?

• Official Post

LE 9.2.4 will be the next release. I have no expectations of improvements to anything in the GUI because aside from minor firmware corrections there are no real-world changes to the current (legacy) drivers. The primary focus of development remains on shifting the platform to GBM/V4L2 and the new driver architecture for LE10. I do not initially expect the LE10 codebase to improve upon LE9.2 either, in fact it may be worse in some areas at first and it will take time to mature.