Netflix is crashing

• Hi!

My name is Tomas and I come from Sweden.

I am a new member here on the forum, so this will be my first post.

Need some help with some problems I have with Kodi.

But start with the most urgent, and take one problem per post, so it doesn't get messy.

Is novice on Linux and Kodi, but has some basic knowledge, and has picked with computers for quite a few years, but then with Dos and Windows.

Have tried myself to find a solution using this forum and also other forums.

Have read in Wiki´s and other help that I have been able to find, but no luck unfortunately.

Can add that I suffer from a severe fatigue syndrome, which makes it difficult for me to read information

in texts, in forums, books and the like. Getting very brain tired. But with your help I hope for a solution.

The problem I have is with Netflix, and it no longer works as it did when I started with Kodi 3-4 months ago.

There have been some updates in the meantime, so maybe one of them is the problem.

When I try to start a movie, sometimes the image becomes completely black and you only see a transparent mouse cursor, then Kodi restarts, and in the log you see some shady things.

Sometimes a dialog box comes up that something wrong has happened, and that you should read the log, but have not been able to figure out what is the error.

Have noticed that if I restart my computer, and then reinstall the Widevine CDM library in the script.module.inputstreamhelper extension, it seems to work a little better for a while, but the error always comes back eventually.

Sends with the logs 01_Kodi.log, 02_System.log, 03_Hardware.log, 04_Audio.log and kodi_crashlog_20191231090444.log, the last one is not at the same time, but may be able to show some more information.

01_KODI.log

02_System.log

03_Hardware.log

04_Audio.log

kodi_crashlog_20191231090444.log

Has an updated debug log, but is too large to upload here. Have also tried on hastebin and Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002!, but too big there too. The file is 2Mb.

After looking in 01_Kodi.log, I see some errors that have occurred:

Line 1-341 is after I restarted the computer after the error occurred.

Line 348-889 is when I start the computer and the error occurs. Don't know why the log will be like this?

Line 674, 712, 748 and 785 I manage to start four movies without crashing.

Line 823 I try to start a fifth movie and the error occurs.

Line 825 shows "ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /usr/lib/kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive/", but I apparently get that every time I start a movie, even the four previous times in this log.

Hope someone can point out what's wrong, and what I can do to fix it.

Have also seen some other error messages, besides what I mentioned above, which are recurring.

Maybe someone can give some tips on these.

These are the errors:

Line 530 "ERROR: DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files".

Rad 531 "WARNING: Pulseaudio module module-allow-passthrough not loaded - opening PT devices might fail".

Line 608 "ERROR: failed to initialize egl".

Line 648 "WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type" Setting.Details.SettingList "".

Rad 747 "ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it cannot".

If there are any more logs or data needed, just say so.

Thank you in advance for the help you can give me.

PS. If I put the post in the wrong place, then maybe an Admin can be kind and move it to the right place. DS

Edited once, last by jotakswe (January 1, 2020 at 11:35 AM).