No movies shown (only in progress and sets), error in log

• Hi all,

Yesterday I noticed that in the movies menu that no movies are shown, only in progress movies and movie sets. Seems to be an issue with SQL and/or the playlists, because this is shown in my log:

ERROR: SQL: Missing result set!

ERROR: GetMoviesByWhere failed

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/playlists/unwatched_movies.xsp

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/playlists/recent_movies.xsp

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting special://skin/playlists/random.xsp

How can I further troubleshoot this? Or can I recreate these files?

Best regards!

• How can I further troubleshoot this?

You can start by providing the FULL log file, via a pastebin website.

There is not much we can do with 3 identical error messages alone.

My first guess would be a corrupted database, but we'll find out once the rest of your log is known.

• Yeah... Although a 17MB log file is not really a joy.

Anyway: 2019-12-15 19:28:03.926 T:1807721344 NOTICE: MYSQL: Connected to version 5.5.62-MariaDB
    That's a pretty old version... Any chance you can upgrade it to something more contemporary?

I see several of this one: ERROR: SQL: Missing result set!

But I don't see a query going wrong.

You could also enable the Database component in the logging options.

2019-12-15 19:29:09.848 T:1593762688 ERROR: GetSingleValue - failed on query 'SELECT count(1) FROM movie_view LIMIT 1'

2019-12-15 19:29:09.890 T:1593762688 ERROR: GetSingleValue - failed on query 'SELECT count(playCount) FROM movie_view LIMIT 1'

You may have a corrupted database.

Can you check which tables and views are present on your database server?

And all the 'spam' in your log...

NOTICE: ADDON: skin.estuary.modv2 v3.0.5 installed

It's a skin with lots of added 'features' but the whole package also has been pretty unstable IMO.

Change to the default Estuary skin and restart LibreELEC before providing a new log file.

• Klojum Thanks for solving a part of the puzzle. ;) Will change the skin and create a new log. I have MariaDB 10 installed on my NAS as well, have to look into how to migrate my databases. As I am pretty busy the coming days, will probably provide the log friday.

Best regards!

• Klojum I've changed the skin to Estuary, enabled component specific logging for the database component, and created a new log (Connecting...). This one is even bigger (27.7MB) so I can imagine it will take a bit longer to work through it.

I have these video databases for Kodi:

MyVideos75

MyVideos108

MyVideos109

MyVideos110

MyVideos112

MyVideos113

MyVideos114

MyVideos116

As Kodi uses MyVideos116, I've checked which tables and views are present:

Tables

actor

actor_link

art

bookmark

country

country_link

director_link

episode

files

genre

genre_link

movie

movielinktvshow

musicvideo

path

rating

seasons

sets

settings

stacktimes

streamdetails

studio

studio_link

tag

tag_link

tvshow

tvshowlinkpath

uniqueid

version

writer_link

Views

episode_view

movie_vies

musicvideo_view

season_view

tvshowcounts

tvshowlinkpath_minview

tvshow_view

Have found which steps I have to take to migrate the Kodi databases to MariaDB 10, but as some other stuff is also using MariaDB 5 (spotweb/phpmyadmin/wordpress), I also have to look into migrating those.

Best regards!

• All old databases below v114 can be removed, unless you have specific contents in them.

The table and view listing is okay.

If you can run multiple database servers, all you need to do is change the port number(s).

And I cannot download the log file for some reason.

How about you clean it up, I think there is a similar unnecessary amount of 'spam' in it. And then upload it to a normal pastebin website..

• As I was not sure what to leave out, I have performed a fresh install on a new sd card, and created a new log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Today I have exported the MyVideos114 and MyVideos116 databases from MariaDB5 and imported both into MariaDB10, and deleted the older ones. Can you tell me why the databases have a smaller size in MariaDB 10? Did I miss something while exporting?

MariaDB5

MyVideos114 > 23.8 MiB

MyVideos116 > 28.2 MiB

MariaDB10

MyVideos114 > 18.4 MiB

MyVideos116 > 15.0 MiB

Best regards!