Unofficial LE for RK356x RK3328\RK3399 RK3588(s)

• Thanks. Is mpeg2 video supposed to play in EGL mode? I need this to get the OSD but I only get sound on mpeg2 video LiveTV when DRM is turned on.

Also is there going to be a static OS build allowing easier LE installs to emmc?

Martin

• Is mpeg2 video supposed to play in EGL mode?

Menu overlay on video works only in EGL mode. I don't understand the question about mpeg-2, show a link to a video of this format for testing.

Also is there going to be a static OS build allowing easier LE installs to emmc?

Describe it in more detail, I don't understand the question.

I checked with myself, the installation and updating of eMMC work without problems. Show the UART output when the system does not start after the update.

Ver 20221101 kernel 6.0.6

• Here is a video showing the issue to help understand what I mean

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    . Both Live TV channels are mpeg2video but the one that only has audio and flickering video is SD. Here is the SD recording of that same show https://uploadnow.io/f/C2J3Kyd You will likely find that it will crash LE.

The question about the emmc install was about the stability. Each of your builds has a new OS and new Kodi which is fine. In the past I have had trouble with the bootloader changing so I couldn't just put the current tar file in .update. Is that now possible? I am reluctant to do this because the emmc stops works and I have to then flash Armbian to SD, write to emmc then load LE then copy LE to emmc.

Martin

• mpeg2video but the one that only has audio and flickering video is SD

I checked your video. To play in EGL mode + OSD menu, simply disable hardware decoding (the line in the settings above the OSD.using EGL\DRM). Video of this format is easily processed in SW mode (the performance of the chip is quite enough for Full HD).

The question about the emmc install was about the stability. Each of your builds has a new OS and new Kodi which is fine. In the past I have had trouble with the bootloader changing so I couldn't just put the current tar file in .update. Is that now possible? I am reluctant to do this because the emmc stops works and I have to then flash Armbian to SD, write to emmc then load LE then copy LE to emmc.

The problem is not the update, it's a problem with the latest kernel (does not work with eMMC).

• is it possible to force s/w decoding of only specific formats?

If you use content no higher than full hd or 1440 x 1080, you can switch to SW altogether, there are enough chip capabilities.

Version 20221108. Kernel 6.0.7 fixed the installation on eMMC and the update works through the tar archive (tested on Quartz64).

• In general it would be ok for broadcast, but using s/w decoding is not why I buy nextgen boxes especially as x64 mini PC pricing and aarch64 pricing start to overlap.

I am happy to test the new version. Currently I am using an older Armbian build on SD card and it quite good on Quartz64a so I like to keep the two separate but usable, and I haven't worked out which I prefer. I very much appreciate your work on this platform. I hope you can get an Rock5 B one day.

• In general it would be ok for broadcast, but using s/w decoding is not why I buy nextgen boxes

The difference between "old" equipment and "new" is the ability not to think about which mode the SW or HW device is used in. The main thing on the screen is the same result. It is impossible to use SW mode for "old" equipment, it can provide high-quality playback only in HW mode.

I am happy to test the new version. Currently I am using an older Armbian build on SD card and it quite good on Quartz64a so I like to keep the two separate but usable, and I haven't worked out which I prefer.

install on eMMC the system that you use more often. And run other systems from an SD card or USB flash drive. Personally, I prefer to have the Armbian system on eMMC (it allows you to watch 1080p videos in full screen, including directly in the browser). And run LE from a USB flash drive (for those cases when you need a simple home theater)

I hope you can get an Rock5 B one day.

I have a RockB5, but for LE I prefer finished devices that are ready for use by ordinary users right away - Station M1\P1\M2\P2\M3, it's much easier and more convenient. For me, the perfect device for Station P1 pro

New image 20221115 kernel 6.0.8

• I still have not found the source for the unofficial LibreElec build on Quartz64a so I cannot do my own build or code review. I feel any discussion on the security of what AMD or Intel might be doing on on the LE x64 platform is rather amusing.

For the Quartza I just had to install it on SD card. You can also try Armbian and see if it works too. I did have to add a missing jumper that my vendor Ameridroid didn't provide.

Martin

• Hi! can somebody help me? which image should I choose for my h96max rk3318 box?

These versions are not intended for RK3318.

I'm trying to get LE working on a Quartz64b. Any suggestions on where to start?

The Qurtz64B version requires other bootloader and DTB versions. I don't have this model, I don't create images for it.

• Version 20221130. Kernel 6.0.10

Running this one, I can "turn" on my wifi dongle with ifconfig wlan0 up and lights come on but connmanctl doesn't see it. Its using the same driver that an Ubuntu image is using, r8712u. I'm at a loss since it works in Ubuntu image for the Rk3328 device. Any ideas?