Assign a remote button for context menu during Full Screen Video (either using keymap editor or via editing xml)

• Hi. I have keymap editor in my Kodi. I heard it's no longer being maintained, hence I'm asking here general questions that may help me achieve the same thing. I am trying to map the green key for context menu during full screen playback. I've been able to do this under keymap editor, in Global settings. But I don't know where to modify to show context menu during full screen playback. Can anyone point what line to add on xml?

E.g. would be during playback of youtube addon, pressing this button will show Subscribe, go to channel, etc. Currently, if I have a keyboard, it will be "c." But I want to map it to remote button. Please share where. Global? Full Screen Video? Programs? etc.

• I did this at /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml to get the GUI context menu when pressing the blue remote control button:

Code
    <keymap>
      <global>
        <remote>
          <blue>ContextMenu</blue>
        </remote>
      </global>
    </keymap>

Unfortunately it does not affect full screen mode. Maybe you can adapt it for your needs.

• I did this at /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml to get the GUI context menu when pressing the blue remote control button:

Code
    <keymap>
      <global>
        <remote>
          <blue>ContextMenu</blue>
        </remote>
      </global>
    </keymap>

Unfortunately it does not affect full screen mode. Maybe you can adapt it for your needs.

I have the same. I already have Context Menu on Global, and it works perfectly. Everything except when in full screen mode. There are things I'd like to do during full screen playback. E.g. I'd like to subscribe to the channel while watching the youtube video. Or while watching a video from my emby server, select other options.

• Instead of global use FullscreenVideo (or FullscreenLiveTV etc) - see the list of window names here Keymap - Official Kodi Wiki

Mappings in "global" are the global defaults and window specific mappings can override the global ones.

eg in kodi defaults both the menu and title button are mapped to ContextMenu, but in FullscreenVideo menu is mapped to OSD and title to PlayerProcessInfo - see hee xbmc/remote.xml at master · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

so long,

Hias

• Ah, just noticed you wrote in your first post that you want the functionality of the "c" key. The default keyboard keymap shows that "c" is mapped to "Playlist" in FullscreenVideo - so use that.

eg

Code
    <keymap>
      <FullscreenVideo>
        <remote>
          <blue>Playlist</blue>
        </remote>
      </FullscreenVideo>
    </keymap>

so long,

Hias

• HiassofT , Thanks for the reply. I tried it on Fullscreen Video/ Playback. It showed the video playlist. When using keyboard, pressing c first showed the video playlist, second press of c button showed the context menu. This was not the case for the mapped colored button. It showed the video playlist alright. Pressing it second time showed Emby playlist (I think, I'm sure it's Emby related. Shows the folders where Emby can stream shows). How do I fix this? I was wondering why Playlist button?

• You'll have to create a button mapping for the video playlist window (should be "VideoPlayList") as well and eg map "blue" to "ContextMenu".

Otherwise the default (global) mapping is used, which is usually the PVR functions for color buttons.

If in doubt enable debug logging in kodi and check kodi log for "Window Init" messages - this will tell you which window is currently being used. The https://kodi.wiki/view/window_ids wiki page lists the window names (which you have to use in keymap xml files) and window xml files - eg if you see "MyPlaylist.xml" in kodi.log you'll have to use "videoplaylist" in keymap.

The kodi log will also show you the button press and the performed action.

so long,

Hias

• HiassofT , Can't believe it :D After so many trial and errors, what you taught worked! It's Video playlist window alright, under Fullscreen video, playback, windows. It's exactly what I wanted to do! Thanks!