Noob looking for guidance re Plex client

• New to this, but here’s what I want to do. I love the Plex interface, and want to be able for my Yamaha RX-V2085 to play my high-res audio files from my Synology NAS. I’m generally using an Apple TV 4k and the Plex app for it but that won’t stream high res. apparently, Plex won’t see my Yamaha as a DLNA player.

Poking around the internet, it looks like I could build a Raspberry Pi that would output high-res via co-ax to my Yamaha, which has an excellent Sabre DAC. Can you tell me with as much specificity as possible (noob) if this can be done and if so, EXACTLY what I would need and where to get it? As in, what boards, cards, case and software?

I’m running Plex on my Synology D218+, which is where my songs live. I also am using Plex on my iMac and my iPhone.

I really appreciate any guidance!!!!

• I am not sure of the details, but I think MRMC has "better" support for hi res. From what I have read on various forums, the Apple TV 4K is one of the best media players.

• Thanks for the reply. The Apple TV is limited to cd-quality playback, although it's convenient as heck. So, I want to keep the Plex interface, but be able to play hi-res music by outputting a device to my Yamaha DAC. Looking for advice as to how to do this, be it Raspberri Pi or something else....